Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how do redirect in bind
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how do redirect in bind Post 78322 by dozy on Tuesday 19th of July 2005 06:40:18 AM
Old 07-19-2005
how do redirect in bind

Hello all!

Does anyone know how to redirect i link to a host or alias name?
Here is the example:
i wank to type "Bob" in my browser and be redirected to
http://192.168.54.37:7001/Bob/BobMainServlet on that perticular port.

Im using Redhat 6.2 with bind 9.2.3

regards...
dOzY

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

BIND question

Suppose you had a bunch of domains registered with names following the scheme, 11example.com 22example.com 33example.com etc. These domains are all for virutal webhosting, and will have the same web servers with the same IPs on all of them. The question is, because they're 2nd level domains, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind failure

Hi all, I am using Perl program to do socket communication. My application has to use port 40001 this is a condition I can't change the port. The execution of this script always gave an error 'Bind failure port already in use' netstat execution gives below line: udp 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

The third argument of bind()

int bind(int socket, const struct sockaddr *address, socklen_t address_len); Man page says it specifies the length of the sockaddr structure pointed to by the address argument. But why bind() can't figure out the length itself, since the first member (eg:AF_INET or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

BIND configuration

I have problems with a simple BIND configuration in CentOS. I have a static public IP 1.1.1.1 and I recently bought a domain name gigi.com. I just want that gigi.com points to 1.1.1.1 (Apache Web Server). This is how my named.conf file looks: options { directory "/var/named"; }; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasadia
0 Replies

5. Programming

bind source

here is the bind source file for the client.c in bind9 logs are written in var/log/file name in the form 02-Aug-2012 15:43:12.713 client 192.168.2.4#47512: query: 209.236.125.74.in-addr.arpa IN PTR + (192.168.2.4) i am in a subnet of 10 systems through 192.168.2.1..10 i want to write logs based... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balvinder87
2 Replies

6. Solaris

BIND in chroot

Hi all, I'm trying to start named in chroot environment manually but i'm getting the following error bash-3.00# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Bind 9.9.2 not working

Hello friends Internet query not working anymore with bind , i am not using forwarder dns server . 1. resolv.conf file => search local.server nameserver 127.0.0.1 2. named.conf file => // // named.conf // // Provided by Red Hat bind package to configure the ISC BIND named(8) DNS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure BIND

I know how to manage DNS once it's installed. I can edit named.conf and create zone files. I can sign the zones, use TSIG, etc. How do I take the BIND 9.9 tar ball from All Downloads | Internet Systems Consortium and install it and get it to work? Maybe I am not getting it. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't bind to IP

When you get the message can't bind to ip already in use. is there a command to search to see everything that is using that IP? I've already check the host and hostname files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind

Hi All I need to do bind of exiting filesystem to new storage allocated mount --bind /prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/test echo "/prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/pgsql bind bind 0 0" >> /etc/fstab will this command just work ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
2 Replies
SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					    SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)

NAME
exclusion - Exclude a set of hosts from a definition in a shorewall configuration file. SYNOPSIS
!address-or-range[,address-or-range]... !zone-name[,zone-name]... DESCRIPTION
The first form of exclusion is used when you wish to exclude one or more addresses from a definition. An exclaimation point is followed by a comma-separated list of addresses. The addresses may be single host addresses (e.g., 192.168.1.4) or they may be network addresses in CIDR format (e.g., 192.168.1.0/24). If your kernel and iptables include iprange support, you may also specify ranges of ip addresses of the form lowaddress-highaddress No embedded whitespace is allowed. Exclusion can appear after a list of addresses and/or address ranges. In that case, the final list of address is formed by taking the first list and then removing the addresses defined in the exclusion. Beginning in Shorewall 4.4.13, the second form of exclusion is allowed after all and any in the SOURCE and DEST columns of /etc/shorewall/rules. It allows you to omit arbitrary zones from the list generated by those key words. Warning If you omit a sub-zone and there is an explicit or explicit CONTINUE policy, a connection to/from that zone can still be matched by the rule generated for a parent zone. For example: /etc/shorewall/zones: #ZONE TYPE z1 ip z2:z1 ip ... /etc/shorewall/policy: #SOURCE DEST POLICY z1 net CONTINUE z2 net REJECT /etc/shorewall/rules: #ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST # PORT(S) ACCEPT all!z2 net tcp 22 In this case, SSH connections from z2 to net will be accepted by the generated z1 to net ACCEPT rule. In most contexts, ipset names can be used as an address-or-range. Beginning with Shorewall 4.4.14, ipset lists enclosed in +[...] may also be included (see shorewall-ipsets[1] (5)). The semantics of these lists when used in an exclusion are as follows: o !+[set1,set2,...setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match at least one of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 OR NOT match set2 ... OR NOT match setN. o +[!set1,!set2,...!setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match any of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 AND NOT match set2 ... AND NOT match setN. EXAMPLES
Example 1 - All IPv4 addresses except 192.168.3.4 !192.168.3.4 Example 2 - All IPv4 addresses except the network 192.168.1.0/24 and the host 10.2.3.4 !192.168.1.0/24,10.1.3.4 Example 3 - All IPv4 addresses except the range 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12 and the network 10.0.0.0/8 !192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12,10.0.0.0/8 Example 4 - The network 192.168.1.0/24 except hosts 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.9 192.168.1.0/24!192.168.1.3,192.168.1.9 Example 5 - All parent zones except loc any!loc FILES
/etc/shorewall/hosts /etc/shorewall/masq /etc/shorewall/rules /etc/shorewall/tcrules SEE ALSO
shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-blacklist(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-proxyarp(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall-ipsets http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall-ipsets.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)