Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Question related to the net Post 7817 by bigalex222 on Tuesday 2nd of October 2001 12:53:19 PM
Old 10-02-2001
You really don't have to remove those files. I was under the understanding that netscape did that automatically. All you would have to to to view these contents is type cd ~/.netscape/ and the files would be there, though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a math related question

hello: First I know the rules on Homework related questions, I wrote my script, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do one math problem. How do I take a zip code and seperate the idvidual digits? I used the modulus expression and divided the number by 10 ^ n but that only worked... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jahjah
9 Replies

2. Programming

signals related question

Hi all, Just a little question relative to signals. I know that if an application is in the sleep state, When a signal is catched, it will be processed by the handler. But what happens if it's processing something? Does the processing stops?? The following code should illustrate this case ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One Question related to alias

Hello, I have created following alias in csh lab 'rlogin -l user23 complab23' but problem is complab23 does not allow automatic login by checking .rhosts file. So after typing lab on command line I have to type complicate password and if wrong password is typed thrice then account gets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neerajrathi2
4 Replies

4. Solaris

RBAC related question.....

I am referring Bill Calkins(SCSA exam prep) for RBAC..actually i wanted to make a normal user to get the privilege to run a command through authorization, not through profile files... This is the exact steps given by Bill calkins.. 1.roleadd -m -d /export/home/adminusr -c... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

having df command related question

Hi All, When i have run the below command its showing 90% which is critical for production. for this i need the answer of some below question please help me for that. 1) i want to delete some unwanted files. how can i know the unwanted files ?Is it there any way of knowing this?? 2)and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk "/^<Mar 31, 2012 : /,0" /app/blah.log can someone please help me figure out why the above command isn't pulling anything out from the log? basically, i want it to pull out all records, from the very first line that starts with the date "Mar 31, 2012" and that also has a time immediately... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl related question

hi, iam perl begginer,i have written the program #!/usr/bin/perl #use warnings; use strict; print "Enter the name:","\n"; my $name=<STDIN>; my %hash=(siva => "9902774481", dev => "9916391244", venky => "9440506760", manohar => "9440232695" ); print "$name no is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.hardwork
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to 'ps'

If I run a script called 'abc.sh' and then execute the following : ps -ef | grep 'abc.sh' I always get two rows of output, one for the executing script, and the other for the grep command that I have triggered after the pipe. Questions: Why does the second row turn up in the results. My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk -F ";" 'FNR==NR{a=$1;next} ($2 in a)' server.list datafile | while read line do echo ${line} done when i run the above, i get this: 1 SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... instead of: SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to grep

We have huge file with control A as delimiter. Somehow one record is corrupted. This time i figured it out using ETL graph. If future , how to print only bad record. Example Correct record:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies
MAILCAP.ORDER(5)                                               Order Mailcap Entries                                              MAILCAP.ORDER(5)

NAME
/etc/mailcap.order - the mailcap ordering specifications DESCRIPTION
The order of entries in the /etc/mailcap file can be altered by editing the /etc/mailcap.order file. Each line of that file specifies a package and an optional mime type. Mailcap entries that match will be placed in the order of this file. Entries that don't match will be placed later. Example mime-support:*/* gv:application/postscript netscape:text/html less:text/* emacs:text/* The above would make any entries provided by the mime-support package (as found in the /usr/lib/mime/packages directory) take priority over everything else. The gv package will be used over anything else when it comes to postscript documents. Netscape will be used for any html documents and less will be used for any remaining text documents. However, since neither netscape or less provide for editing documents, any edit or compose actions will fall through to the emacs rules. After modifying this file, be sure to run /usr/sbin/update-mime (as root) to propagate the changes into the /etc/mailcap file. Remember that this files takes package names and not executable names. If you want to define rules that reference specific programs, the best way is to include them in ~/.mailcap or the user section of the /etc/mailcap file. LIMITATIONS
There is currently no way to break out a certain type from a wildcard rule. If, for example, both xv and gimp were to specify "image/*" rules, it isn't possible to use xv for gif images but use gimp for jpeg images. Also, I would like to add the ability to specify certain actions in the rules. For example, if netscape were to have an edit rule but I wanted to use emacs for editing/creating html documents, I could place a line like emacs:text/* action=edit|compose before the netscape entry. The update-mime program would then spit out entries such that netscape view rule comes before the emacs view rule but have the netscape edit rule comes after the emacs edit rule. SEE ALSO
mailcap(5) run-mailcap(1) update-mime(8) AUTHOR
The mailcap.order specification was written by Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com> Debian Project 16th Aug 1998 MAILCAP.ORDER(5)