Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers su and password in a Korn shell script Post 7802 by edog on Tuesday 2nd of October 2001 10:48:37 AM
Old 10-02-2001
as far as I know you can not su in a script.
the only way to do this is to use expect to automate the su or the perl telnet module to telnet in as a different user within the script , or use sudo to run a script as another user.

Hope this helps

Ed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hello., i have 2 files.. 1 file is in this folder /home/test/ssk/DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20050710.20050713211544 (this part) other file is in this folder /home/kk/dev/DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20050710.20050711210100 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hi all i am writing the korn shell script. i have a SQL script which gives me the folowing output DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20051025.20050713211544 28991 1130198400 DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20051025.20050713211544 25881 1130198400 DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20051025.20050711210100 25881 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
3 Replies

3. AIX

Help with Korn Shell script

I have this Korn shell script that runs via a cron entry. It runs in a loop "watching" a specific file system for files with a certain name. The file system that it is watching is an upload file system for an FTP server. When files that are the correct name come in, it takes the extension of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heprox
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell script not running

I am sorry, this is really trivial, yet I am not able to understand what the problem is! I am using korn shell and running this script #!/bin/ksh keep=3 while ; do echo $keep keep=$(($keep-1)) done I am getting this error: `keep=$' unexpected I am not able to understand it because ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Asty
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems with korn shell script

Hey Guys, I'm looking for some advice about a korn shell script I've written. I've spent hours googling for an answer hopefully someone here can help me out. Basically the part of the script I'm having problems with is when I need to SFTP a file from one server to another. The line looks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilather
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Script

I have to solve some exercises in Korn Shell, but i'm having some problems. For example: Write a korn shell script with an alfanumeric string as argument. The script lists the file's names in the current directory that contain the given string as substring and that can be read and written. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burm
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Korn Shell Script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a korn shell script with an alfanumeric string as argument. The script lists the file's names in the current directory that contain the given string as substring and that can be read and written. 2. Relevant commands, code,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burm
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with improving korn shell script

I am primarily a SQA/Tester and new to korn shell. How can I improve the following script? #/bin/ksh SourceLocation=~/Scripts/Test/Source TrackerLocation=~/Scripts/Test/Tracker TargetLocation=rdbusse@rdbmbp:/Users/rdbusse/Scripts/Test/Target for file in $(cd $SourceLocation; ls) do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayouprophet
7 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). User Commands 06/24/2011 CHSH(1)