Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP - emailing issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SMTP - emailing issue Post 77708 by RTM on Tuesday 12th of July 2005 08:22:10 AM
Old 07-12-2005
What OS and version? What program is used to send mail? What errors are you seeing in your messages file (or appropriate logging facility for your OS)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files and emailing them out

Hello everybody, I'm trying to create a script that will cd into a directory and then copy the file with yesterday's date on it and then cd into another directory doing the same thing. Afterwards, i'm trying to zip up the two files, and email them out to people. Can anyone help? thanks a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhofilena
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not emailing or running

Hi, I am having trouble with this script. It is suppose to send me an email when the specified tablespace is 60% full. I run it but nothing happens FREESPACELOG=/home/oracle/scripts/bin/free_space/freespace.sql email=bob@bob.edu subject="PROD: Tablespace Free Space" cmd="mailx -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaseeb
1 Replies

3. Programming

C socket issue with SMTP

Hey guys, im trying to write a program that'll create a report then email the report... my problem is when it comes to the socket trying to send the second command after EHLO smtp,*.* When the first command is sent its working fine... but when the program tries to send the second command it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
6 Replies

4. Linux

SMTP issue

HI, I am having an issue with the mail. I had certain scripts who used to send mails. now i am not getting the mails as usual. need help to track the issue and resolve. mailx -s "Testing for details" xxx@yyy.zzz above code is used for mailing. can yoou please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyniladri
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emailing from a hudson job - smtp configuration

Hello everyone, I'm trying to send an email from a Hudson (integration server) job but the error below happens: Sending e-mails to: xxxxxx ERROR: smtp javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:782) at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aurea
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script emailing issue

Hi, Im writing a shell script: #!/bin/bash #Send process which has exceeded 25% # echo 'pri pid user nice pcpu command' > /export/home/tjmoore/file2 # if ps -eo pri,pid,user,nice,pcpu,comm | awk '{if($5 >= 25)print $0}' >> /export/home/tjmoore/file2 2>/dev/null # # # then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jay02
1 Replies

7. Solaris

OutBound SMTP Server Mail issue

Hi all I have a Live SMTP server for outbound mails ( Mail being sent from my organization to outside domains). A large chunk of mails are not being sent and reside in /var/spool/mqueue directory. The header of there mails are: From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on conditional emailing

Hi All, The following databse table maintains VENDOR and EMAIL details. VENOR_NAME VENDOR_EMAIL DELL surendra@dell.com HP rajkamal@hp.com ACER sumathi@acer.com NOKIA kunal@nokia.com SONY sinu@sony.com We have to find emaild id of a vendor based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with emailing format from UNIX

Need help as to why when I try email the following it does not come out right: DateOt=`date +"%a %b %d %T %Y"` TimeOt=`date +%H:%M:%S` interval=`cat $SecDiff| awk '{print $3}'` PortInReq2=`cat /shared/ftpdir/tools/quelog/logs/quelog.NPS_TO_SMG.log | grep PQI | wc -l` PortInRes2=`cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies

10. Solaris

NIS/smtp services issue on Solaris 11

Hi, Few services not starting on new build Solaris 11 non-global zone. I uninstalled zone and reinstalled and still same issue, while global zone is working fine. smpt service is going into maintenance mode and /var/svc/log/network-smtp:sendmail.log shows that it tries and then dead ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger(3)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger - SpamAssassin logging module SYNOPSIS
use Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger; $SIG{__WARN__} = sub { log_message("warn", $_[0]); }; $SIG{__DIE__} = sub { log_message("error", $_[0]) if $_[0] !~ /in eval/; }; METHODS
add_facilities(facilities) Enable debug logging for specific facilities. Each facility is the area of code to debug. Facilities can be specified as a hash reference (the key names are used), an array reference, an array, or a comma-separated scalar string. Facility names are case- sensitive. If "all" is listed, then all debug facilities are implicitly enabled, except for those explicitly disabled. A facility name may be preceded by a "no" (case-insensitive), which explicitly disables it, overriding the "all". For example: all,norules,noconfig,nodcc. When facility names are given as an ordered list (array or scalar, not a hash), the last entry applies, e.g. 'nodcc,dcc,dcc,noddc' is equivalent to 'nodcc'. Note that currently no facility name starts with a "no", it is advised to keep this practice with newly added facility names to make life easier. Higher priority informational messages that are suitable for logging in normal circumstances are available with an area of "info". Some very verbose messages require the facility to be specifically enabled (see "would_log" below). log_message($level, @message) Log a message at a specific level. Levels are specified as strings: "warn", "error", "info", and "dbg". The first element of the message must be prefixed with a facility name followed directly by a colon. dbg("facility: message") This is used for all low priority debugging messages. info("facility: message") This is used for informational messages indicating a normal, but significant, condition. This should be infrequently called. These messages are typically logged when SpamAssassin is run as a daemon. add(method => 'syslog', socket => $socket, facility => $facility) "socket" is the type the syslog ("unix" or "inet"). "facility" is the syslog facility (typically "mail"). add(method => 'file', filename => $file) "filename" is the name of the log file. add(method => 'stderr') No options are needed for stderr logging, just don't close stderr first. remove(method) Remove a logging method. Only the method name needs to be passed as a scalar. would_log($level, $facility) Returns 0 if a message at the given level and with the given facility would be logged. Returns 1 if a message at a given level and facility would be logged normally. Returns 2 if the facility was specifically enabled. The facility argument is optional. close_log() Close all logs. perl v5.12.1 2010-03-16 Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger(3)