Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: paths
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers paths Post 776 by PxT on Wednesday 17th of January 2001 06:35:32 PM
Old 01-17-2001
try: whereis emacs

If that doesnt work, and you are desperate, try:
cd /usr ; find . -name emacs

To search for it in the /usr filesystem

If you still can't find it, you should learn vi. (You should do this anyway Smilie)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paths update

After unpacking a solaris 2.6 package with success, I need to update the paths so I can "see"the new software. The manual shows me what the path should be but I don't have a clue on how to change that. Asking a stupid question makes me look stupid 30 sec. Not asking makes me stupid the rest of my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpote
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create paths

Hello! If I have file like that: AAA ->bbb ->ccc ->ddd ->eee how to create full paths like: AAA->bbb AAA->ccc->ddd AAA->ccc->eee ? (I'm sorry for mistakes - english is not my native language) :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alias47
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spoofing paths.

There is a program that I am trying to run on a shell account. It depends on another program, which I have also copied to the shell account. Both are in my home directory, yet the first program has a different path hardcoded into it, which I cannot use because of permissions problems. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsadah
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Extracting certain /paths/* using tar

forgive my ignorance. I did a search of this sub-forum for "tar -xp" and variations on the same w\out success, so here goes... Scenario: filename.tar file. Desired Task: I want to be able to extract only files from the user's public_html folder (and all those under it as an option) from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
4 Replies

5. AIX

Storage paths

Have connected a non-IBM storage device to AIX host via fibre channel. If the storage is rebooted or a raid controller fails over whilst connected to the host, the paths that drop do not come back online when the ports become active again. I have tried enabling dynamic tracking and delayed_fail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storeman
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Absolute and Relative Paths?

Can someone cofirm that I have got the paths correct here? :confused: $PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='/tmp'; #$PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='home/tmp'; $PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = '/temp_images'; #$PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = 'home/public_html/Midwich/temp_images'; Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stubie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file with paths in it

Hi, I have a file as followed : 100.100.100.100 \\server\volume\path\file.pdf My script : counter=1 while read -r myline do if then FTPHOST=$myline fi if then SERVERPATH=$myline fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankToy
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Possible Career Paths

I've read through a couple of forum posts on Career issues but wanted to get some feedback that may be more personalized and whatnot. I am brand new to the world of UNIX and Linux and while I am finding the learning curve rather steep, I find it highly rewarding and am overall enjoying the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huntreilly25
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar and relative paths

HOw can I create a tar file with relative paths find . -depth -print | xargs tar -cvf /tmp/file.tar ? Thanks to all who answer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
1 Replies

10. Programming

Can't find paths.h

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I am trying to compile logsurfer. After I run configure and the make, I get a complaint that paths.h is not found. I see three places where there is a paths.h: /usr/include/pgsql/server/optimizer/paths.h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
3 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)