Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: connection reset by peer
Special Forums IP Networking connection reset by peer Post 77557 by eyalush on Monday 11th of July 2005 04:19:55 AM
Old 07-11-2005
CPU & Memory connection reset by peer

well, you are right Smilie
when we run the rsh with our program its open a several sockets...
but all of then are like the example that I send, I made a mistake with the paste socket but still is the same results.

Is there another idea that you can think about ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - connection reset by peer

I use ssh to work on the server (OS X 10.4.x) remotely from home (Debian / OS X 10.5.3). If I leave my machine idle, I get disconnected after a couple of minutes. I get the following error message: Read from remote host "server name": Connection reset by peer Connection to "server name" closed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osxhawk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

connection reset by peer on freebsd

hi all. am running postgresql in a vm on debian server. i have some client programs connecting to the db. when i check the logs of postgresql i see "connection reset by peer" can someone help me with this issue... thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I get this error when I log in through console: "fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer". Can you tell me what this is and why it happens, and how to stop it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep: writing output: Connection reset by peer

Hi , when i run , tkt=/u01/ctrlfile/tkt.tmp grep "TICKET NBR" $cdrFile | head -$count | tail -1 > $tkt i got error grep: writing output: Connection reset by peer but some time its working withour error its working fine but some time i got this error any help please (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: OTNA
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer [preauth]

Hello, I have recently updated my AIX machine from version 6.1.7.5 to 6.1.9.1 and i noticed that the errpt of the server is full of ssh messages like the one below: sshdprocess_id>]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer Does anyone knows if this a known bug of the ssh... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sftp - Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer

Hello to all, i have a problem when trying to estabilish a sftp connection. i setup a sftp server (i used feeFTPd) and i'm now trying to connect from two different machines. from the first one everything is fine: $ sftp -vvv user@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc26
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Can't SSH - Connection reset by Peer

Hi Guys, I can't SSH to a remote system - connection reset by peer..any ideas ? -The Source is Linux, the Remote is Windows -The remote has OpenSSH running on Port 22 - Telnet confirms port is open -User1 has a RSA2 Key (2048) key, which is capture in the 1010101-pub.key specified by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
1 Replies
udp(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    udp(7)

NAME
udp - Internet user datagram protocol (UDP) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> The following is the socket call for AF_INET sockets: s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0); The following is the socket call for AF_INET6 sockets: s = socket(AF_INET6, SOCK_DGRAM, 0); DESCRIPTION
UDP is a simple, unreliable datagram protocol that is used to support the SOCK_DGRAM abstraction for the Internet Protocol family. UDP sockets are connectionless, and are normally used with the sendto() and recvfrom() functions, though the connect() function may also be used to fix the destination for future packets, in which case the recv() or read() and send() or write() functions may be used. UDP address formats are identical to those used by TCP. In particular, UDP provides a port identifier in addition to the normal Internet address format. Note that the UDP port space is separate from the TCP port space (that is, a UDP port may not be "connected" to a TCP port). In addition, IPv4 broadcast packets may be sent (assuming the underlying network supports this) by using a reserved "broadcast address"; this address is network interface dependent. There is no broadcast address in IPv6. Options at the IP transport level may be used with UDP; see the ip() reference page. ERRORS
If a socket operation fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: An attempt was made to create a socket with a port that has already been allocated. An attempt was made to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists. The socket is already connected. This error occurs when trying to establish connection on a socket or when trying to send a datagram with the desti- nation address specified. The system ran out of memory for an internal data structure. The destination address of a datagram was not specified, and the socket has not been connected. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: getsockopt(2), recv(2), send(2), socket(2) Files: netintro(7), inet(7), ip(7) delim off udp(7)