Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Printer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Network Printer Post 7736 by bigalex222 on Monday 1st of October 2001 10:38:35 AM
Old 10-01-2001
try using SWAT for SAMBA

There is a function SAMBA can perform called SWAT-- SAMBA Web Admin Tool. It provides a graphical way of working with SAMBA. Download it with SAMBA, and when you want to work with SAMBA, got to http://localhost:901 on your web browser, and it will allow you to configure your SAMBA server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up a network printer

Hello people, I'm attempting to setup a printer connection to a printer running off the NT printer server, but with little success. I'm using the admintool, go to ADD printers...where it offers 'local' and 'access to printer'. I have chosen the 'access to printer' option as i'm attempting to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network printer

I recently added an HP deskjet printer to our Solaris network. I deleted the old printer which this one is replacing. I did everything in Printer Admin. I could think of. The problem now is that when I go to print something out of Star Office, my new printer is not a valid choice from the drop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awells
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer Problem-help

Hello am asking for your help on printer issues. i wanted to change the current printer we have now, basically bec we needed a more durable one. so recently i have a product demo, but its driver is not present in UNIX. i will be using the same network printer name but different model.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancemendioro
0 Replies

4. SCO

Network Printer

Have been setting up HP network printers for quite sometime on SCO open server 3, 5.04 - 5.07. Purchased a new HP 1320n. It has JetDirect Built in. After configuring the Jet Direct, I Try to run the SCO HP Network Software trying to send PostScript or the HP-GL/2 file, they will not print. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zanny
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer Problem

I am using network printer through ip address. when you check with lpstat it says, "Waiting for <printer name> to come up. other network printers working. this also work before. but now not working. scheduler & accept print jobs working. wht could be the problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajantha
1 Replies

6. AIX

network printer problem

I have AIX 5.3 OS. After issuing the print command, the printer state immediately goes down. I have checked the /etc/qconfig flle, resatrted the qdaemon but again same problem is occuring. I am using HP 5100 connected to jetdirect. what is the problem and it's solution? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
4 Replies

7. SCO

Installing network printer

What is the command for setting up a network printer in SCO 5.0.5? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

8. SCO

problem with network printer

Install a network printer and I can only print with root login. When I use another login creates the request and will not print and soon disappears. please what should I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Network Printer access

Hi , We are trying to add a network printer (HP laser jet ) which is a part of windows server 2003 from solaris 10 server using lpadmin command. Both the Solaris 10 and windows server being in the same domain . The printer details are getting added in the /etc/printers.conf . But we are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a network printer on DG/UX

i need to print a file on a network printer with an ip 128.233.1.6 (for example) on a DG/UX (System V) Release 5.4R3.10 so that when telnet from windows client can print on the network printer. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamwa
2 Replies
cupsaddsmb(8)							    Apple Inc.							     cupsaddsmb(8)

NAME
cupsaddsmb - export printers to samba for windows clients SYNOPSIS
cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user[%samba-password] ] [ -h cups-server[:port] ] [ -v ] -a cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user[%samba-password] ] [ -h cups-server[:port] ] [ -v ] printer [ ... printer ] DESCRIPTION
The cupsaddsmb program exports printers to the SAMBA software (version 2.2.0 or higher) for use with Windows clients. Depending on the SAMBA configuration, you may need to provide a password to export the printers. This program requires the Windows printer driver files described below. SAMBA CONFIGURATION cupsaddsmb uses the RPC-based printing support in SAMBA to provide printer drivers and PPD files to Windows client machines. In order to use this functionality, you must first configure the SAMBA smb.conf(5) file to support printing through CUPS and provide a printer driver download share, as follows: [global] load printers = yes printing = cups printcap name = cups [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba browseable = no public = yes guest ok = yes writable = no printable = yes [print$] comment = Printer Drivers path = /etc/samba/drivers browseable = yes guest ok = no read only = yes write list = root This configuration assumes a FHS-compliant installation of SAMBA; adjust the [printers] and [print$] share paths accordingly on your system as needed. MICROSOFT POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS The base driver for Windows 2000 and higher is the Microsoft PostScript driver, which is available on any system running Windows 2000 or higher in the %WINDIR%SYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSW32X863 folder for 32-bit drivers and %WINDIR%SYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSX643 folder for 64-bit drivers. Copy the 32-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers directory and the 64-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers/x64 directory exactly as named below: ps5ui.dll pscript.hlp pscript.ntf pscript5.dll Note: Unlike Windows, case is significant - make sure that you use the lowercase filenames shown above, otherwise cupsaddsmb will fail to export the drivers. OPTIONS
cupsaddsmb supports the following options: -H samba-server Specifies the SAMBA server which defaults to the CUPS server. -U samba-user[%samba-password] Specifies the SAMBA print admin username which defaults to your current username. If the username contains a percent (%) character, then the text following the percent is treated as the SAMBA password to use. -a Exports all known printers. Otherwise only the named printers are exported. -h cups-server[:port] Specifies a different CUPS server to use. -v Specifies that verbose information should be shown. This is useful for debugging SAMBA configuration problems. SEE ALSO
rpcclient(1), smbclient(1), smbd(8), smb.conf(5), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 11 June 2014 CUPS cupsaddsmb(8)