Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail to recive
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sendmail to recive Post 7717 by ollyparkhouse on Monday 1st of October 2001 06:40:33 AM
Old 10-01-2001
sendmail to recive

I have set up a linux box with apache and sendmail. However i cannot get it to receieve incoming mail.
It is setup as a pop server (as far as i am aware).
However nothing comes in. I can send mail without a prob.
What am i over looking
please help
cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail

I just started reading about sendmail. What I wanted to know is - is it possible to have an auto response for my hotmail account/@home/sympatico account - or? As I stated I just recently started reading up on sendmail and email tactics. I was just thinking of something simple - where a message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail

When ever I start up linux the pc hangs for 10min due to send mail. Advice how do I disable or stop this from happening?:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danny howell
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.... any help?

I am trying to configure sendmail (v 8.12.5-7 on Redhat Linux 8) on my server. I am unable to send or receive messages using mail command (or any command for that matter). My mailserver name: abc.com I have setup user1 to alias as user1@def.com so that all of his mails are relayed to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail

hi there, not sure if this has been discussed but can't seem to find any thread relating to my question. :confused: i have a AIX server and i'm writing some scripts. inside my script i'm using sendmail/ mailx to send out my output. but it seems i'm having some difficulties sending out. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
9 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

sendmail.cf

we have two mail servers and want to setup failover for DR. we have a line in sendmail.cf like this DS smtp.domain.com and this works fine...... we changed it to DS smtp1.domain.com smtp2.domain.com this is bad, we get errors of savemail panic and many bounce messages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsonde
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail

What parameter in the sendmail is used to tell sendmail to send mail every 1min, 2min or 3min...etc Thanks Jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JimboC1963
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail HELP

I am trying to configure sendmail for a client. I have edited my sendmail.cf as follows: # more sendmail.mc divert(0)dnl VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc 1.11 (Sun) 06/21/04') OSTYPE(`solaris8')dnl DOMAIN(`server.1.example.com)dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS('Port=smtp,ADR=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibby13
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Sendmail on HP-UX?

Hello, our email server is HP-UX 11.31 and is running Sendmail and Cyrus-IMAP. We need to implement mail routing based on domain, for only a specific small group of domains. It sounds like /etc/mail/mailertable is the file where we put the routing information for each domain. I found this nice... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
mailstats(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      mailstats(8)

NAME
mailstats - Displays statistics about mail traffic SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-o] [-C cffile [-f stfile] FLAGS
Do not display the name of the mailer in the output. Use cffile as the name of the sendmail "cf" file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/send- mail.cf. Use stfile as the input statistics file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. DESCRIPTION
The mailstats command reads the information in the /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st file (or in the file specified with the -f flag), formats it, and writes it to standard output. Note also that you can change the location of the sendmail.st file by editing its pathname in the sendmail.cf file. EXAMPLES
The format of the information is shown in the following example, in which the first field (M) contains a number that indicates the position of that mailer in the sendmail.cf file, starting at 0 (zero). For example, the first mailer in the sendmail.cf file corresponds to the number 0 in the mailstats display, the second mailer corresponds to the number 1, and so on. Statistics from Thu Feb 17 11:20:01 2000 M msgsfr bytes_from msgsto bytes_to msgsrej msgsdis Mailer 1 50 77K 1 3K 0 0 local 6 43 59K 58 99K 0 0 smtp ============================================================ T 93 136K 59 102K 0 0 The fields in the report have the following meanings: Indicates the position of the mailer in the sendmail.cf file. Indicates the number of messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of rejected messages. Indicates the number of discarded messages. Indicates the name of the mailer. If sendmail transmits mail directly to a file, such as the dead.letter file or an alias target, the message and byte counts are credited to the prog mailer, as defined in the sendmail.cf file. However, mailstats will still default to var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains system statistics Contains configuration information for sendmail RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: sendmail(8) delim off mailstats(8)