Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Changing stdin from file redirection to console input Post 7675 by nauman on Saturday 29th of September 2001 08:42:49 AM
Old 09-29-2001
MySQL

Thanx. Ur comments really helped. Besides I also got to know how OS works and how to redirect stdin.

Thanx and regards
Nauman

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection stdin

hello all, I need to create a password change utility for a database. I need to gather at the command line the username, password and database sid. I have the program currently doing this. What I would like to do is not have the new password appear on the screen when I do my read command.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whited05
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

changing /cn@0:console file permissions

I'm doing a security sweep of a Sun Sol 5.8 system. The file: /dev/console, which links to /devices/pseudo/cn@0:console, has the following perms: crw--w--w- I would like to get rid of the world write permissions. I can change the file permissions, but as soon as log back in, they are changed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErnieG
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send output of a file as input for changing date

Hi, Please help me out on this one. I want to send the output of a file as input for changing the date using date command. Example, i have a file date.txt whose contents are 081014462009 I need to use the date in that file as input for date command. I tried cat date.txt | date ; but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxtron
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirection stdin

Bonjour, Mon application en C sous linux tourne en redirigeant stdin vers un fichier. Exemple; $appli1 <file1. PB: Je voudrais temporairement redonner la main au user sur le clavier. Alors je pensais ajouter system("appli2"); dans appli1. Dans son main() , appli2() fait seulement un... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cypleen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stdin redirection

Hello, my C application under unix runs in redirecting stdin to a file. Example:$appli1 <file1. This application waits often on a scanf(). But I would temporarely reassign stdin at the keyboard for waiting a user's answer. So I thought to add system("appli2"); in the code of appli1. In its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypleen
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Console Input from a file

hi 2 all whatever in a file that line have to come in console screen .. when i execte that script ... >cat abc date ls >./abc >date ---->that line hav to come here > ls ----> that line hav to come here please anyone help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suplying stdin input within script

Hi , I have script in that , i uninstall rpm using rpm -ef $rc1 now my query is rpm -ef is asking user input DO YOU Want To continue (YES/NO) for each uninstalltion. now i want to supply YES variable when it asks for above statement . so that i dont have to give user input from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirection of file input to command

Hello, I'm new to Unix (working with OS X 10.8.5) and therefore at the beginning of my adventure. If I ask something stupid, then this is not intentional, but simple nescience. :rolleyes: I have a problem with the redirection of text file content to echo. I was experimenting with redirection... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudo
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When do I use input redirection?

Can someone please explain when input redirection is necessary? For example, "cat filename" and "cat< filename" produce the same result. I was told that if I need to bunzip a file that I should type "bunzip2<filename.bz2." However, if I omit the "<" I still get the same result. Can someone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PTcharger
4 Replies
PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3) 						 1						   PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)

php_strip_whitespace - Return source with stripped comments and whitespace

SYNOPSIS
string php_strip_whitespace (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Returns the PHP source code in $filename with PHP comments and whitespace removed. This may be useful for determining the amount of actual code in your scripts compared with the amount of comments. This is similar to using php -w from the commandline. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the PHP file. RETURN VALUES
The stripped source code will be returned on success, or an empty string on failure. Note This function works as described as of PHP 5.0.1. Before this it would only return an empty string. For more information on this bug and its prior behavior, see bug report #29606. EXAMPLES
Example #1 php_strip_whitespace(3) example <?php // PHP comment here /* * Another PHP comment */ echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); // Newlines are considered whitespace, and are removed too: do_nothing(); ?> The above example will output: <?php echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); do_nothing(); ?> Notice the PHP comments are gone, as are the whitespace and newline after the first echo statement. PHP Documentation Group PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)