Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: oracle probs on HPUX11
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers oracle probs on HPUX11 Post 7672 by DarranA on Saturday 29th of September 2001 08:25:40 AM
Old 09-29-2001
Hi,

On one server (an IBM RS/6000) that we have, I have 4 Oracle database instances running plus a Designer/2000 repository (effectively another instance).

We've not had to mess around with allocating new ports for the TNS Listener. All you should need to do it call the instances different names and then set up standard entries in tns_names.ora on the server and clients.

HTH,
-Darran

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

probs compiling lex

this is my lex file ------------ test.l %% printf("%c",yytext+'a'-'A');.ECHO; how do i compile it $ lex test.l cc lex.yy.c -o test -ll <------| | if this is correct do i add this line--------| @the command line or does it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinner
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

decompress in HPUX11 by Gunzip and gzip

Hello evrebody , I have HPUX-11, i try to install "Mozilla" and "unzip utillity" I cannot decompress file (F.tar.gz) or file(F.gz) by commandes: gunzip -dv F.tar.gz | tar -xvf gunzip F.tar.gz or gzip -dv F.tar.gz |tar -xvf gzip F.gz maybe someone know What's the reason? maybe i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanly64
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy probs

need help....just wanna copy all files with no extensions but with tree-informations to one dir first I make a new directory with all foldertrees...like find / -name "*" -type d >a1 sed -e 's/^/new/g' <a1 >b1 mkdir -p `cat a1` then I wanna copy all specific files with no... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
12 Replies

4. Solaris

More SSH probs ...

Server 1 SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0 Server 2 OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 Server 3 OpenSSH_3.8p1 I created the rsa keys on server1. Public and private. I copied the id_rsa.pub file to server2 and server3 and appended this to the authorized_keys file in the .ssh directory on both. (All servers using the root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hi probs with rm command

hi guys... i m using rm *.zip or rm -rf *.zip while removing from a server path recursively, i m getting "Remove directory operation failed." if i use rm* .zip i m getting as invalid command and none of the files are removed.. please help where m i wrong when i execute the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
13 Replies

6. HP-UX

Mozilla install for HPUX11 (libintl.sl.1)

Hello evrebody , I have HPUX-11, i try to install "Mozilla 1.4" and when i am runing: /opt/mozilla/mozilla I get this message: Starting Mozilla ... /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libintl.sl.1 /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanly64
6 Replies

7. Programming

probs compiling with gcc + lpthread

Im trying to write a program atm which uses mutexes to control thread access to a certain code section ( the critical section). However, whenever I compile the code using gcc I get the following message from gcc Unresolved text symbol "pthread_mutex_lock" Unresolved text symbol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

ipfilter hpux11.11

how can I create a rule that will allow my machine to FTP to itself, but not allow other machines to FTP to it.. I know this sounds weird but this how they want it so they can test some application functionality that uses ftp. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00..problem with make

make --version in parent server ( server in france) gives me the below information GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath. Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00 Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

probs executing crontab script

Hi everyone In an existing crontab script for the root user, I've added 5 new lines of code, however for some unknown reason, these lines of code were not executed. Here is what I did 30 0 * * * ./usr/people/atlab/jamesgoh/disk_reader/disk_reporter /picnic 30 0 * * *... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
6 Replies
BOS_STARTUP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BOS_STARTUP(8)

NAME
       bos_startup - Starts a process without changing its status flag

SYNOPSIS
       bos startup -server <machine name> [-instance <instances>+]
	   [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]

bos startu -s <machine name> [-i <instances>+]
	   [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The bos startup command starts, on the server machine named by the -server argument, either:

o   All AFS server processes not currently running but marked with the "Run" status flag in the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file.

o   Each process specified by -instance argument, even if its status flag in the BosConfig file is "NotRun".

To start a process and set its BosConfig status flag to "Run", use the bos start command instead.

OPTIONS
       -server <machine name>
	   Indicates the server machine on which to start processes. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified
	   or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8).

-instance <instances>+
	   Names each process to start. Use the process name assigned with the -instance argument to the bos create command. The output from the
	   bos status command lists the names.

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).

-noauth
	   Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket
	   to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command starts all processes marked with status flag "Run" in the BosConfig file on the machine "fs3.abc.com" that are not
       currently running.

% bos startup fs3.abc.com

The following command starts the buserver, kaserver, ptserver, and vlserver processes running on the machine "db2.abc.com", even if their
       status flags in the BosConfig file are "NotRun".

% bos startup -server db2.abc.com 
	      -instance buserver kaserver ptserver vlserver

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a
       server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

SEE ALSO
       BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_create(8), bos_start(8), bos_status(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							    BOS_STARTUP(8)