Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm Post 76251 by girigopal on Monday 27th of June 2005 06:46:21 AM
Old 06-27-2005
How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to parse the following xml file

Hi, I have the following file Example.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <html><set label="09/07/29" value="1241.90"/> </html> Can any one help me in parsing this xml file I want to retrive the attribute values of the tag set Example I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji_gadam
3 Replies

3. Programming

DOM query selected path and show as xml

First, I am sorry if this question not this room scope, I have a XML file : file: book.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <bookstore> <book category="COOKING"> <title lang="en">Everyday Italian</title> <author>Giada De Laurentiis</author> <year>2005</year> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penyu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (not Perl) to parse xml with awk

Hi, I have to make an script according to these: - I have couples of files like: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.csv xxxxxxxxxxxxx_desc.xml - every xml file has diferent fields, but keeps this format: ........ <defaultName>2011-02-25T16:43:43.582Z</defaultName> ........... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pluff
2 Replies

5. AIX

Perl Module (XML:DOM) dependency

Hi All, I am facing dependency on AIX :confused:.I am trying to run an script which requires PERL MODULE (XML::DOM) to be installed. Please find the attached file which shows the error i am getting (cant locate XML/DOM.pm in @INC). Please let me know how to install PERL MODULE (XML::DOM) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivatsa86
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl XML::DOM: How to test if element exists?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script for some xml file handling, but I'm not getting too far with it. I've got the following xml content <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Test xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" > <Operation name="OPER1"> <Action name="ACTION1">... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

7. Programming

Parse XML file

How do I get the field info for tags ID, NAME, DESCRIPTION. Below is my current code put I can't get beyond the first_child of the file. use strict; use warnings; use XML::Simplehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png; use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML File.

HI Guys I have Below XML File : <xn:SubNetwork id="XYZ"> <xn:SubNetwork id="C01"> <xn:MeContext id="CO1"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <un:RncFunction id="1"> <un:UtranCell id="NY431"> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse xml file

I am trying to create a shell script that will parse an xml file (file attached). awk '/Id v=/ { print }' Test.xml | sed 's!<Id v=\"\(.*\)\"/>!\1!' > output.txt An output.txt file is created but it is empty. It should contain the value 222159 in it. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies
getnode(8)						      System Manager's Manual							getnode(8)

Name
       getnode - display one or more entries from the nodes database

Syntax
       /etc/getnode [ node...  ]

Description
       For  each  given  node argument, displays the corresponding node entry (or entries) from the nodes database.  The nodes database is the one
       used by DECnet.	If you do not specify any node argument(s), all of the entries in the nodes database are displayed.

The node is either the node address or the node name for each node entry that you want to display.  (Note that you can  specify	more  than
       one node argument in a single command.)

A node address is a decimal integer in the range of 1 to 1023 for single area networks, or has the format a.n for multiarea networks, where
       a is the network area number (a decimal integer in the range of 2 to 63) and n is the node number (a decimal integer in the range of  1	to
       1023).

A node name can be from 1 to 6 alphanumeric characters, including at least 1 alphabetic character.

Examples
       # /etc/getnode 44.70 mynode <RET>
       This command displays the entries in the nodes database for nodes 44.70 and mynode.
       # /etc/getnode <RET>
       This command displays all of the entries in the nodes database.
       # /etc/getnode lttwi <RET>
       This command displays the entry in the nodes database for node lttwi.

See Also
       addnode(8), ccr(8), load(8), mop_mom(8), remnode(8), trigger(8)
       Guide to Ethernet Communication Servers

getnode(8)