Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pager message from UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Pager message from UNIX Post 7553 by pavankri on Thursday 27th of September 2001 05:34:33 PM
Old 09-27-2001
Pager message from UNIX

Hi,

we have written an auto emailer script for some autosys jobs getting delayed using C-Shell. We would also like to enhance this by sending out a page to the support personnel. Is there any way in C-Shell or autosys wherein we have the facility to send these pager messages ? Please help !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process pager - by cell phone or just e-mail notify

hi all.. i need any help. i want to create in my crontab a simple script for verify any process and notify for the status in my e-mail or cell phone. anybody help me? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: squash
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need a unix script to let me know by email or pager when the filesystem is 80% full.

Does anyone have a script to check disk space usage. My backup directory keeps filling up with archivelog files and I need a script to let me know by email or pager when the filesystem is 80% full. Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jzjy0r
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix login welcome message

When I telnet to a unix server someone put a stupid message there: Last login: Mon Nov 15 16:59:13 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.8 Generic Patch October 2001 YO! <-- message Mon Nov 15 17:19:05 EST 2004 How did they do it and how can I find out who did it? ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: webtekie
17 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send message from Unix to PC

What is the best way to send message from Unix script to PC users connected to the box ? I tried "smbclient -M <machine>" but doesn't work. I prefer not to use Samba. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnagaya
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Error Message in unix

Hi all......I'm sorry if my english is not that good. Can somebody help me to about this error. I found it in message.log Jan 16 18:22:42 ASM imapd: get_balanced_partition: -- chosen Jan 16 18:22:50 ASM SUNW,UltraSPARC-III+: NOTICE: Corrected system bus (CE) Event detected by CPU1 at TL=0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komang
2 Replies

6. AIX

mail, aliases, pager

Hi, I have two aliases for two types of alert. /etc/aliases italert1: user1@company.com italertb: 123456@paging.isp.com The first alias containts only an email to go through the company exchange/mail server. Works fine. The second alias contains only a pager which also works fine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

7. Programming

UNIX Message Queue

Hello !!!!! I have a simple question but i can't find the answer anywhere hope to meet it here. Why it is a bad idea to pass pointers through message queues ? Most structs i see all of their char types are arrays... Is it becase having pointers means we could possibily send wrong bytes ? For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qlyine
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pager Alert

I want to check the log file continoulsy and to send a page alert if i see specific message like Reached Max Connrctions . Please suggest how to do this through script DO i need to enable the cronjob to run the script evey 5 min or what is the best way (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Pager notification to mailx command.

Is it possible to add Pager Notification to mailx command?? :confused: Or by any other mean. ---------- Post updated at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:08 AM ---------- Hi just want to specify that by Pager i mean a message to the mobile number. Suppose i have following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

All output to terminal pager by default

How can I have all my output to a terminal pager by default. I want all output to pause once screen is full. Piping to more does not work if the app/script is interactive (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
2 Replies
escape(1)                                                       Mail Avenger 0.8.3                                                       escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)