Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C
Top Forums Programming C Post 7509 by krishna on Thursday 27th of September 2001 05:25:04 AM
Old 09-27-2001
C

Hi All,

I have a Binary file and I want to read the file
and write as ASCII.

If anybody knows the method, please mail me to :

kkodava@maxis.com

Thanks

Krishna

Binary.setBlockData(3kaya)				       Kaya module reference					Binary.setBlockData(3kaya)

NAME
Binary::setBlockData - Set the contents of a block. SYNOPSIS
Void setBlockData( var Binary block, Int offset, [Int] bdata ) ARGUMENTS
block The binary block offset The offset to start at (zero-indexed) bdata The data to write, as an array of Int s DESCRIPTION
Set the contents of (part of) a block from an array. An Binary.OffsetOutOfRange(3kaya) Exception will be thrown if this would cause a write outside the bounds of the block. The following bits of code are equivalent: setBlockData(block,offset,bdata); // is equivalent to for byte@idx in bdata { poke(block,offset+idx,byte); } However, setBlockData is more efficient and checks bounds before any data is written - the above for loop could write partial data if off- set+idx was greater than blockSize(block) AUTHORS
Kaya standard library by Edwin Brady, Chris Morris and others (kaya@kayalang.org). For further information see http://kayalang.org/ LICENSE
The Kaya standard library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (version 2.1 or any later version) as published by the Free Software Foundation. RELATED
Binary.Binary(3kaya) Binary.array(3kaya) Binary.copyBlock(3kaya) Binary.getBlockChunk(3kaya) Binary.poke(3kaya) Binary.pokeString(3kaya) Kaya October 2012 Binary.setBlockData(3kaya)