Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Capturing text between ()
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capturing text between () Post 74804 by sysera on Monday 13th of June 2005 02:18:14 PM
Old 06-13-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
Try:
dspmq | sed -n '/QMNAME/s/.*(\(..\)).*/\1/p'
This also seems to work, but doesn't seem to include a queue manager with a different name other than the "Q1" format. For example it doesn't display "TESTQUEUEMANAGER".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing process id

I am newbie to unix shells world. I am trying to capture a background process id into a file so that it can be killed later. this process is basically a java program running in background as: java TestApp & this returning process id immediately. So how can i redirect that pid into a file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvreddy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing value into variable

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, I am trying to write a shell script, which will automate the process of mailing the invoices at the end of the day. For major part I am using Oracle database function. The problem is I want to capture the value returned by the Oracle function into the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing log

Hi below is my script which copies test file to each directory in the file and checks if the permissions are ok, but I am not able to capture the log of the output. here is the script #! /usr/bin/sh set -x cd /dir/of/files while read line do cp test.txt $line rm $line/test.txt done <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing stdin

Hi all, Consider the following situation: - you launch an compiled binary application from inside a unix shell which presents a text-based type user interface where you can input information ... # echo "I am the $SHELL shell" # I am the /bin/bash shell # ./input # ... imagine the binary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: domivv
3 Replies

5. Linux

Capturing TCPDUMP

Hi, I want to capture TCPDUMP of traffic, I tried doing this but did not find success..can anyone plz correct it. # tcpdump -s0 -vv -w /home/osuresh/test_tcp_dump host 10.12.10.22 && port 161 bash: tcpdump: command not found # tcpdump -s0 -vv -w /home/osuresh/test_tcp_dump host... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing a value in to variable.

Hi, I currently have a shell script where it captures in the value in to 'TOTAL' and outputs to a file, i want to capture another value of a query in to another variable and output it. Current script: sqlplus -s $user <<EOD | read TOTAL set heading off set pages 0 set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Particular Data

Hi everyone! Can any one help me out regarding capturing relevant data from a file. For e.g, if i want to capture the comment written after "Prompt:" for a particular date, like for this case what would be the command to capture the tag written after "Prompt:" for Date: 2009-03-20. A... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhmsida
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing IP address

I'm trying my first shell script. I would like my computer to launch an application if I'm on my work network, or mount my shared files if I'm on my home network. Here's how I'm trying to do it... #!/bin/bash CURRENT_IP=ipconfig getifaddr en1 HOME=192.168.1.6 WORK=192.168.0.123 if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcamp1973
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing text & putting it in different variables

Dear friends, I have following text in a variable. /backup/rem1/10122010/res From this value of variable i want to take each text in different variables e.g. a=backup b=rem1 c=10122010 d=res please guide me to do so. Thank you in advance Anushree (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Output?

Hello All, I'm writing a Bash Script and in it I execute a piped command within a Function I wrote and I can't seem to redirect the stderr from the 1st pipe to stdout..? I'm setting the output to an Array "COMMAND_OUTPUT" and splitting on newlines using this --> "( $(...) )". By putting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
6 Replies
DDB(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    DDB(8)

NAME
ddb -- configure DDB kernel debugger properties SYNOPSIS
ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] print ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] status ddb script scriptname ddb script scriptname=script ddb scripts ddb unscript scriptname ddb pathname DESCRIPTION
The ddb utility configures certain aspects of the ddb(4) kernel debugger from user space that are not configured at compile-time or easily via sysctl(8) MIB entries. To ease configuration, commands can be put in a file which is processed using ddb as shown in the last synopsis line. An absolute pathname must be used. The file will be read line by line and applied as arguments to the ddb utility. Whitespace at the beginning of lines will be ignored as will lines where the first non-whitespace character is '#'. OUTPUT CAPTURE
The ddb utility can be used to extract the contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer of the current live kernel, or from the crash dump of a kernel on disk. The following debugger commands are available from the command line: capture [-M core] [-N system] print Print the current contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. capture [-M core] [-N system] status Print the current status of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. SCRIPTING
The ddb utility can be used to configure aspects of ddb(4) scripting from user space; scripting support is described in more detail in ddb(4). Each of the debugger commands is available from the command line: script scriptname Print the script named scriptname. script scriptname=script Define a script named scriptname. As many scripts contain characters interpreted in special ways by the shell, it is advisable to enclose script in quotes. scripts List currently defined scripts. unscript scriptname Delete the script named scriptname. EXIT STATUS
The ddb utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following example defines a script that will execute when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a break signal: ddb script kdb.enter.break="show pcpu; bt" The following example will delete the script: ddb unscript kdb.enter.break For further examples, see the ddb(4) and textdump(4) manual pages. SEE ALSO
ddb(4), textdump(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The ddb utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
Robert N M Watson BUGS
Ideally, ddb would not exist, as all pertinent aspects of ddb(4) could be configured directly via sysctl(8). BSD
December 24, 2008 BSD