Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users email attachment, with a message using mailx Post 7445 by edog on Wednesday 26th of September 2001 12:18:25 PM
Old 09-26-2001
email attachment, with a message using mailx

Hi, I am trying to include a message along with an attachment with an email using mailx on AIX.

uuencode Test.dat Test.dat| mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com < MESGFILE

This only gives me the contents of MESGFILE as my message.

If I remove the < FILE I recieve the attachment.

What I want is both the attachent and the message in MESGFILE.

I've checked out the FAQ and I would really like to use mailx so I don't have to wait a month to have my admin install any new tools. Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract or save attachment of email using mailx

Hi, Could someone help me with 'Extract or save attachment of email using mailx' Thanks, Vijay ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kandati
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email with text & attachment using mailx

I spent some time working this out, with a little help from various forums, and thought the community would like to know : Here is how you can send an email from a single Unix command line : /usr/bin/echo "Email text\nNew line\nAnother new line" >x | uuencode sourcefile.txt sourcefile.txt |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haryadoon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment to web-based email client using mailx

hi, i am trying to send mail with attachment to web-based email client like gmail.com using mailx. the problem is it is displayed in content rather than as attachment. the code i am using is as follows, uuencode test1.txt test1.txt | mailx -s "test only" aaaa@gmail.com does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randomcz1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding an attachment as an attachment to mailx

I don't want the attachment embedded in the mail. I would like a file attached. When I do mailx -s "Report, `date +'%D %r` " -r "Notifications" bob@bob.com < /usr/local/bin/myreport.log> /dev/null It gets embedded in my email. I want a file attachment. How do I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachment and body : mailx , waiting for input , signal Control D

Hi, I am trying to send email with attacment and body using "mailx" (cat body.txt; uuencode attach.txt) | mailx -s "Attachment" abc@xyz.com When i type this command, the shell is still waiting for me to enter something in standard input and press control D before it sends a mail and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaszero
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx with attachment and message body

i have to attach the 'body in the email' along with attachment below code is throwing errors, how can i do it ? here body file contains message, it should display in email, please help i am using HP-UX (cat body ;) (uuencode attch1 attch1 ;) | mailx -m -s "testing" "abc@gmail.com" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mimesender (Perderabo): no attachment in email message

Hello, all, I have been trying to use what Perderabo has given to send attachment via email., but I am not getting the attachments, what I see on the receiving email system are the attachments contents inside the body of the received email. No attachment icon shows in the received email. I am on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sending email with message body and attachment

Hello experts!! I am trying to send an email with message body and attachment.but i am getting any one like message body or attachment. I tried below command: (echo "subject:test";echo "MIME-Version: 1.0";echo "content-transfer-encoding:base 64";echo "content-type:txt;name=test.txt";cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
2 Replies
LedgerSMB::Mailer(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    LedgerSMB::Mailer(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::Mailer - Mail output for LedgerSMB SYNOPSIS
COPYRIGHT
#==================================================================== # LedgerSMB # Small Medium Business Accounting software # http://www.ledgersmb.org/ # # Copyright (C) 2006 # This work contains copyrighted information from a number of sources # all used with permission. # # This file contains source code included with or based on SQL-Ledger # which # is Copyright Dieter Simader and DWS Systems Inc. 2000-2005 # and licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or, at # your option, any later version. For a full list including contact # information of contributors, maintainers, and copyright holders, # see the CONTRIBUTORS file. # # Original Copyright Notice from SQL-Ledger 2.6.17 (before the fork): # Copyright (C) 2002 # # Author: DWS Systems Inc. # Web: http://www.sql-ledger.org # # Contributors: # # Original Author and copyright holder: # Dieter Simader dsmimader@sql-ledger.com #==================================================================== METHODS
LedgerSMB::Mailer->new(...) Create a new Mailer object. If any arguments are passed in, a message that uses them will be automatically prepared but not sent. $mail->prepare_message(to => $to, from => $from, ...) Prepares and encodes base message for sending or adding attachments. Arguments to, from, cc, bcc Address fields for the email. subject The subject for the email. message The message body for the email. contenttype The conttent type for the body of the message, not for any attachments. notify Sets the Disposition-Notification-To header (read receipt request) for the message. This header will only be added if a from address is set. $mail->attach(data => $data, file => $file, filename => $name, strip => $strip) Add an attachment to the prepared message. If $data is specified, use the value of that variable as the attachment value, otherwise attach the file given by $file. If both a file and data are given, the data is attached. filename must be given and is used to name the attachment. $strip is an optional string to remove from the filename send with the attachment. $mail->send Sends a prepared message using the method configured in ledgersmb.conf. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-26 LedgerSMB::Mailer(3pm)