Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Information
Operating Systems HP-UX System Information Post 73929 by Olamide on Monday 6th of June 2005 02:59:50 PM
Old 06-06-2005
HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 . It's an Integrity rx4640 server with itanum processors

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me find out system information

I'm just getting started with unix and would like to know 1) how to tell how big the harddrive is 2) how to tell if there are multiple harddrive installed on the machine 3) a relitavely easy way to tell what programs are installed on the machine. I'm using Sun OS 5.6 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ViperD
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX System information

Hi All, I am new to Unix and am working on AIX ( rs6000 ). I am looking for the system info of the unix box like 1. Number of CPUs 2. CPU speed 3. RAM size Your help is much appreciated Thanks rao. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rao
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Information Variable Help

Hey, I am after the commands to get the following information for my Unix system: default visual editor (i dont even know where to start with this one) default window manager (this one either, no idea) total quota (just the size, none of the other data. I've narrowed it down to quota -sv)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonjour
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX system information

Hi, I'm writing a script to display a lot of information which describe a server (OS distrib, release, Hardware platform, CPU, HD, S/N...). For Linux side it is ok as you have almost all the information in /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/meminfo... and you can use dmidecode but for HP-UX I didn't find... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: biker007fr
13 Replies

6. AIX

How to get the AIX system information?

Hi, How to get the AIX system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
4 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to get the Linux system information?

Hi, How to get the Linux system hardware and software basic information using terminal command ? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: OS Build Type:... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Solaris

How to get the Solaris system information?

Hi, How to get the Solaris system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: ... (15 Replies)
15 Replies

9. BSD

How to get the FreeBsd system information?

Hi, How to get the FreeBsd system hardware and software basic information using terminal command with guest login? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX System Information

Hi all, I have googled around quite a bit and tried many different commands to get system information about my AIX 5.3 box but none of the commands I've used have given me quite what I'm looking for. I am interested in finding out the model of the motherboard, and amount of available RAM, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
2 Replies
psrinfo(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       psrinfo(1M)

NAME
psrinfo - displays information about processors SYNOPSIS
psrinfo [-p] [-v] [processor_id]... psrinfo [-p] -s processor_id DESCRIPTION
psrinfo displays information about processors. Each physical processor may support multiple virtual processors. Each virtual processor is an entity with its own interrupt ID, capable of executing independent threads. Without the processor_id operand, psrinfo displays one line for each configured processor, displaying whether it is on-line, non-interrupt- ible (designated by no-intr), spare, off-line, faulted or powered off, and when that status last changed. Use the processor_id operand to display information about a specific processor. See OPERANDS. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s processor_id Silent mode. Displays 1 if the specified processor is fully on-line. Displays 0 if the specified processor is non-inter- ruptible, spare, off-line, faulted or powered off. Use silent mode when using psrinfo in shell scripts. -p Display the number of physical processors in a system. When combined with the -v option, reports additional information about each physical processor. -v Verbose mode. Displays additional information about the specified processors, including: processor type, floating point unit type and clock speed. If any of this information cannot be determined, psrinfo displays unknown. When combined with the -p option, reports additional information about each physical processor. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: processor_id The processor ID of the processor about which information is to be displayed. Specify processor_id as an individual processor number (for example, 3), multiple processor numbers separated by spaces (for example, 1 2 3), or a range of processor numbers (for example, 1-4). It is also possible to combine ranges and (indi- vidual or multiple) processor_ids (for example, 1-3 5 7-8 9). EXAMPLES
Example 1 Displaying Information About All Configured Processors in Verbose Mode The following example displays information about all configured processors in verbose mode. psrinfo -v Example 2 Determining If a Processor is On-line The following example uses psrinfo in a shell script to determine if a processor is on-line. if [ "`psrinfo -s 3 2> /dev/null`" -eq 1 ] then echo "processor 3 is up" fi Example 3 Displaying Information About the Physical Processors in the System With no additional arguments, the -p option displays a single integer: the number of physical processors in the system: > psrinfo -p 8 psrinfo also accepts command line arguments (processor IDs): > psrinfo -p 0 512 # IDs 0 and 512 exist on the 1 # same physical processor > psrinfo -p 0 1 # IDs 0 and 1 exist on different 2 # physical processors In this example, virtual processors 0 and 512 exist on the same physical processor. Virtual processors 0 and 1 do not. This is specific to this example and is and not a general rule. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
psradm(1M), p_online(2), processor_info(2), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
psrinfo: processor 9: Invalid argument The specified processor does not exist. SunOS 5.11 21 Feb 2004 psrinfo(1M)