Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getting error 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file while reading a long line Post 73766 by karthee on Saturday 4th of June 2005 02:31:09 AM
Old 06-04-2005
getting error 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file while reading a long line

Hi,

I have an requirement of reading a long line of 7000 chars and cutting it

iam doing this :

while read -r x
do
echo $x

done < `cat filename`

when iam doing this it is giving me "0403-016 Cannot find or open the file."

Can anyone let how this can be done.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

0403-057 Syntax error at line 70. pls help

Hi All, I got a script from one of the unix forums for reporting on filesystem usage and wanted to use it but it keeps giving me the following error. 0403-057 Syntax error at line 70 The script is shown below. Pls help as I am new to UNIX. # set -x # D I S K S P A C E . S H # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMONI
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Error: 13192.sumr: 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file.

Hello, i am familiar enough with unix to do some damage but thats about it. We have a set of RS/6000 43P Model 150's running AIX for our Catia V4 programmers. back in the 90's a script was written to automate the conversion of files into machine code. that script has started giving us... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgruenwald
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

4. SCO

Error: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading

Hello... i got an error in my SCO OpenServer 6. the error is: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading inode 373 Can anyone help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndryMB
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-035 specified path name too long

I get this error when attempting to run a simple .ksh script. This script runs fine on other servers. What causes this error? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivanachukapawn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line : `}' is not expected.

i dont know where m i mistaking.. please help me out with this issue :( thanks in advance:rolleyes: one_main() { a=100 while ; do clear echo "##############################################" echo ":: CURRENTLY YOU ARE IN RC AND OC MARKING ::" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puneet sinha
1 Replies

7. AIX

0403-057 Syntax error at line 17 : `(' is not expected.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.i am trying to mail after my backup completed. Here is my shell script: if ; then egrep (ERROR|error|Error|RMAN-) ${/backup/RMANBKUP/spool/shelltest.log} > /dev/null if ; then RESULT_MSG=WARNING: Errors occurred during the ${ORACLE_SID} Rman... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faruqms
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a long literal continued next line

I am trying to identify all messages or prompts from a number of COBOL programs and they can usually be identified by a pair of double quotes on one line. However, sometimes the literal will not be finished on the first line but after a dash in column 7 of the next line, the literal will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line 17 : `(' is not expected.

Hi, While executing my code i am getting below Error: ./check_disk1: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 55 : `(' is not expected. My code is : #!/bin/ksh PROGNAME=`basename $0` STATE_OK=0 STATE_WARNING=1 STATE_CRITICAL=2 STATE_UNKNOWN=3 OS=$(uname) AWK="/usr/bin/awk"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abodage
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

0403-016 Cannot find or open the file in If Statement

Hi, I am comparing the number of records in the .bad record from sql loader, if it is higher than the number passed in as an argument, the program should exit. However, I constantly receive the error " 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file." on the line with the if statement "elif ;". The code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
3 Replies
VSTP(1) 						       BrlNet User's Manual							   VSTP(1)

NAME
vstpg, vstpp - VisioBraille file transferring SYNOPSIS
vstpg [-ifbnd] [-s socketport] [-k keyname] [-o configname] file ... DESCRIPTION
vstpg (resp. vstpp) gets (resp. puts) files from (resp. onto) a VisioBraille terminal. For communicating with the terminal, you must launch brltty with the BrlNet driver, and telling BrlNet to use the VisioBraille driver. Before putting on the terminal, file names are truncated to 8 characters without any extension. Before getting from terminal, leading path and trailing extensions are removed, but put back for local filename. COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS -i ask for confirmation of transfer, for each file (on the terminal) -f don't ask for such a confirmation (default) -b if they exists, recursively rename the old files with an added .x suffix, just like logrotate does -n do not keep such backup file (default) -s socketport use socketport as the port number instead of default for connecting to BrlNet -k filename use filename as key path instead of default for reading BrlNet's authentication key -d use current directory rather than the download directory (see vbs_dir below) -o filename also read filename as config file CONFIG FILE
vstpg and vstpp read a configuration file $HOME/.vstprc which contains keywords or equalities, one per line (what follows a # is ignored). You can ask them to also read any other file thanks to the -o option. Here are keywords: backup make -b option the default nobackup make -f option the default and equalities: keyname = filename use this file instead of default, to find BrlNet's authentication key socketport = port use this port number, instead of default, to connect to BrlNet vbs_ext = .ext use .ext as an extension for downloaded files (.vis by default) this is overriden on command line if an extension is provided in the file name vbs_dir = path use path instead of current directory for putting files, except when using the -d option, or if the filename begins with '.' RETURNED VALUE
1 syntax error on command line 2 connection with BrlNet error 3 Unix file error 4 Protocol error 16 interrupted by user SHELL EXPANSIONS
Beware of special chars: * and . are often expanded by your shell, hence vstpp * will probably do what you want, putting every file exist- ing in the current directory onto the terminal, but vstpg * may not do what you want: it will only get every file which already exist in the current directory, skipping those you just created on your terminal ! If you want to get every file which exist in the terminal, you should use vstpg '*' or something similar (please read your shell manual). The same warning applies to other special chars, such as $, ~, &,... which should be protected by surrounding arguments by quotes (') or by using single backslashes () just before them (please read your shell manual). BUGS
The one we could find has been corrected :) AUTHOR
Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> and Sebastien Hinderer <sebastien.hinderer@ens-lyon.fr> BrlNet Jul 15, 2002 VSTP(1)