Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO sco unix and xp boot loader needed? Post 73398 by 187final on Wednesday 1st of June 2005 01:45:25 AM
Old 06-01-2005
thanks for the help!!

thanks a lot to RTM and jolok
i'll try the suggestions that u guys have given me. thanx again.
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot loader - HELP !!!!

i have installed windows on this c: drive i have linux installed on drive d: when i disconnect d: it boots into c: into windows when i have both drives connected it stops after sys check. how do i get a dual boot goin ???? or a boot loader and if i reinstall linux 7. where should i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during Sco Unix boot

Hi friends, i am getting the following error while booting my system which has SCo UNIX . ========================= H iinit PANIC: srmountfun-Error 22 mounting of rootdev hd(1/42) cannot dump 40863 pages to dempdev hd(1/41) : Space for only 0 pages. Dump not completed. safe to power off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

3. SCO

sco unix v/386 boot disk

anyone know where I can download or get a boot disk for sco unix v/386? I have an old PC running sco unix v/386 3.2. I dont have an install or boot disk. I need to reset the root password. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: format
5 Replies

4. SCO

SCO UNIX Won't Boot

Our system is not booting up properly. It keeps going to this screen: Enter Run Level (0-6, s or S): I tried to hit all nos# 0-6 is just goes to hung state. Tried s or S & it brings me to single user mode. I've checked the file systems & found out that all three had 98%. I tried to... (86 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
86 Replies

5. SCO

Consultant needed to Convert SCO-Unix to a VM

Hi There, we have made a byte-by-byte image with linux and dd of the harddisks of an SCO Open Server. When booting this image in vmware or kvm it starts booting SCO but then the system cannot recognize the expected Adaptec SCSI Driver. We need an SCO expert who can boot an SCO Openserver CD... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: adoII
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies

7. SCO

UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot: cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/boot what to do? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot: cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/boot what to do? (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. SCO

Sco UNIX wont boot - long beeps

HI All, I have an old SCO-UNIX machine which I support a long standing client / friend with. I don't use it very often, and is kept switched off. All was well 2 weeks ago, but when I tried to boot today all I get is a continuous set of long beeps but no booting. I have checked inside... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy sleight
4 Replies

10. SCO

Sco UNIX 5.0.6 not boot

hi i have image SCo Unix 5.0.6 and I want transfer on my HP ML350 G5 after Transfer show this message : boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot this hp server used smart array E200i and P400 and sco not recognized HDD tanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
7 Replies
BOOTCTL(1)                                                            bootctl                                                           BOOTCTL(1)

NAME
bootctl - Control the firmware and boot manager settings SYNOPSIS
bootctl [OPTIONS...] status bootctl [OPTIONS...] list bootctl [OPTIONS...] update bootctl [OPTIONS...] install bootctl [OPTIONS...] remove DESCRIPTION
bootctl checks, updates, installs or removes the boot loader from the current system. bootctl status checks and prints the currently installed versions of the boot loader binaries and all current EFI boot variables. bootctl list displays all configured boot loader entries. bootctl update updates all installed versions of systemd-boot, if the current version is newer than the version installed in the EFI system partition. This also includes the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created if there is no current entry. The created entry will be added to the end of the boot order list. bootctl install installs systemd-boot into the EFI system partition. A copy of systemd-boot will be stored as the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created and added to the top of the boot order list. bootctl remove removes all installed versions of systemd-boot from the EFI system partition, and removes systemd-boot from the EFI boot variables. If no command is passed, status is implied. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --path= Path to the EFI System Partition (ESP). If not specified, /efi, /boot, and /boot/efi are checked in turn. It is recommended to mount the ESP to /boot, if possible. -p, --print-path This option modifies the behaviour of status. Just print the path to the EFI System Partition (ESP) to standard output and exit. --no-variables Do not touch the EFI boot variables. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
Boot loader specification[1] systemd boot loader interface[2] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec 2. systemd boot loader interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/BootLoaderInterface systemd 237 BOOTCTL(1)