Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to get more experience??? Post 7299 by solvman on Monday 24th of September 2001 02:41:51 PM
Old 09-24-2001
Data How to get more experience???

Hi everybody,

I'm kinda fed up with all the theoritical part of programming. I wonder if there is any online project or something where i can participate to practice my skills? Any other suggestions how to build up practical side of Unix C programming?

Thank you all.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to get more experience???

I'm kinda fed up with all the theoretical side of the programming. now i'd love to participate in some project dealing with C network programming under Unix. My question is: is there any online programs or projects where i can really participate? Any other suggestions how to build up practical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solvman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone have experience with Quantum DLT8000

I know this is off subject, but I have been having fits with a Quantum M1500 library with DTL8000 drives, and figured that some of you have had some experience with them. Thanks, Chuck (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparing experience with AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris

I'm investigating AIX/HP-UX/Solaris for use in a research environment. Although there is plenty of technical documentation online, some important questions can only be answered from long user experience. I'd like to hear whatever you can contribute if you can compare at least two of these. To... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenp
16 Replies

4. AIX

Looking for AIX Practical Experience

I have been in IT for around 7 years now and have benefited greatly from Open Source as well as free commercial offerings like Vmware Server that allow me to setup virtual environments and get some hands on time with different OS's and software. I am starting a new job in a few weeks which has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercrazy1
5 Replies
MALLOC_USABLE_SIZE(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     MALLOC_USABLE_SIZE(3)

NAME
malloc_usable_size - obtain size of block of memory allocated from heap SYNOPSIS
#include <malloc.h> size_t malloc_usable_size (void *ptr); DESCRIPTION
The malloc_usable_size() function returns the number of usable bytes in the block pointed to by ptr, a pointer to a block of memory allo- cated by malloc(3) or a related function. RETURN VALUE
malloc_usable_size() returns the number of usable bytes in the block of allocated memory pointed to by ptr. If ptr is NULL, 0 is returned. CONFORMING TO
This function is a GNU extension. NOTES
The value returned by malloc_usable_size() may be greater than the requested size of the allocation because of alignment and minimum size constraints. Although the excess bytes can be overwritten by the application without ill effects, this is not good programming practice: the number of excess bytes in an allocation depends on the underlying implementation. The main use of this function is for debugging and introspection. SEE ALSO
malloc(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2012-03-29 MALLOC_USABLE_SIZE(3)