Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How can I make ls -l in HP-UNIX? Post 7284 by sangjinn on Monday 24th of September 2001 02:36:17 AM
Old 09-24-2001
Question How can I make ls -l in HP-UNIX?

I made a liitle source about that..
BUt I got a trouble when making files'authority..

How can I display them??

p.s.) used struct stat ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Make file in Unix

How to make files in Unix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandhevinod
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make VI editor show colors in Unix

Hi, I saw some people's vi editor show different colors on the text according the nature of text when using it. It would be nice if I can see diffrerent colors with my vi editor. Do anybody know how to set it up? I use PowerTermPro program to access unix machine. I tried to use vim editor but... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a copy of a unix HDD

i have this HDD with SCO 5.0.6 and i'm getting this errors WARNING: wd0: Error on fixed disk dev 1/42, block=4829, cmd=0x000000C8 Sun Mar 11 05:50:08 2007 status=0x00000040, LBA sector=1285723, cylinder/head=5022/0 WARNING: wd0: Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

4. Programming

Unix Make

I need tutorial on Make utility on Unix. Any help or link appreciated. many thanks Mirko (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmipko
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make sound using C under UNIX

i'm programming using C under UNIX. i wonder to how make sound using C ? any sound like "beep" would be fine. thx. :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trapeze
6 Replies

6. Solaris

how to make file link in c under unix

how to make link command by c language (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma7moudax
2 Replies

7. Hardware

How to make terminals with a PC(UNIX/LInux) support?

I want to build a network, in this network there is only one PC and 50 terminals, 50 students can use this system to study UNIX/Linux. In the old days, computer was very expensive, many scientists shared a computer with terminals, that means a terminal has no cpu, memory and hardisk. In... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haixiao_liu
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-unix make file Problem

Dear Unixians, I have try to link my libraries with tuxedo that showing following errors, ] My make file few lines: .... actual linking regards, kkl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkl
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i make a report from some insert in UNIX shell?

I have some insert in my unix shell script. This every insert has a spool (a file with datas) and a sql file with the query. I have to create a report file with three columns: The first(TAB_NAME) will contains the name of the table in wich has been done the insert, the second (STATE) will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: punticci
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make bold chars in UNIX

Hi all, I want to make the string as bold in unix. is there any way to acheive this? thanks in advance. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
16 Replies
STAT(2) 							System Calls Manual							   STAT(2)

NAME
stat, fstat - get file status SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> stat(name, buf) char *name; struct stat *buf; fstat(fildes, buf) struct stat *buf; DESCRIPTION
Stat obtains detailed information about a named file. Fstat obtains the same information about an open file known by the file descriptor from a successful open, creat, dup or pipe(2) call. Name points to a null-terminated string naming a file; buf is the address of a buffer into which information is placed concerning the file. It is unnecessary to have any permissions at all with respect to the file, but all directories leading to the file must be searchable. The layout of the structure pointed to by buf as defined in <stat.h> is given below. St_mode is encoded according to the `#define' statements. The mode bits 0000070 and 0000007 encode group and others permissions (see chmod(2)). The defined types, ino_t, off_t, time_t, name vari- ous width integer values; dev_t encodes major and minor device numbers; their exact definitions are in the include file <sys/types.h> (see types(5). When fildes is associated with a pipe, fstat reports an ordinary file with restricted permissions. The size is the number of bytes queued in the pipe. st_atime is the file was last read. For reasons of efficiency, it is not set when a directory is searched, although this would be more logical. st_mtime is the time the file was last written or created. It is not set by changes of owner, group, link count, or mode. st_ctime is set both both by writing and changing the i-node. SEE ALSO
ls(1), filsys(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Zero is returned if a status is available; -1 if the file cannot be found. ASSEMBLER
(stat = 18.) sys stat; name; buf (fstat = 28.) (file descriptor in r0) sys fstat; buf STAT(2)