Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: displaying with ls
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers displaying with ls Post 72700 by vivekshankar on Monday 23rd of May 2005 03:37:05 PM
Old 05-23-2005
displaying with ls

hi,
how can display year parameter also while listing files from a directory?it displyas only if last acces sis more than 1 yr i guess.can it be dispalyed using some option or some method?

thanks and regards
vivek.s

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying files

I am beginner to UNIX. I wanted to display 5 filesname with size from BIN directory. The order of display should be descending order in size. Can help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridher2000
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Characters not displaying

Hi, Does anyone know what i need to do to get the 'é' character to display on a Solaris 9 server. When i try to cut and paste it onto some of my machines via telnet it displays an 'i' but other machines with the same OS version are ok. It also doesn't like Japanese Characters. Any help would be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwfisher
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying $ in data

Hi, I have to append "abc$abc" to the existing data in solaris.When i run my unix script it is writing only "abc" instead of "abc$abc" Please let me know if we can write $ to the data.Please advice! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Date

Hi, Am new to unix..i want some help.. when am using ls command like ls-ltr it displaying output like this: rw-r--r-- 1 infauser dba 36 Jun 16 12:36 s1_midify -rw-r--r-- 1 infauser dba 66 Jun 16 12:42 sample_one -rw-r--r-- 1 infauser dba 77 Jun 16 13:05... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujana
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying permissions

I can set permissions on a file with "chmod 777 filename" using octal for the permission levels. Is there a simple way to display the octals rather than the 'rwxrwxrwx' format? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JTeter
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching and displaying help

I have two input files like this: File-1 ----- a1234 abc town f2345 def village t5678 pqr county File-2 ------ 123456 test1 test2 test3 id-a1234 789012 test2 test4 id-t5678 456789 test7 id-b1234 I want to check the lines that match the first field of File-1 in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay41aj
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying Filesystem During df

I'm unsure about the topic title, but this is what I want to do. I have a directory, named /opt/extra and and I want it to be displayed when I issue df command. Just by using df only, not df /opt/extra. OS: Solaris 10 Current df output root@jebat10 # df -k Filesystem kbytes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olli.Lang
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying Text

Hi guys! I am very much new to UNIX...and I was just wondering on how you would display this text format in UNIX with only just one command : Text 1 Text 2 Text 3 Texts are in aligned vertically in such format...Thanks for your help :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Knowledge_Xfer
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with displaying only names using ls -l

Hi I am kind of stuck I need help with printing only the names of the folder in the format LAST NAME, F so last name and the first character of first name using ls -l command in the /home directory currently they are in the format firstname.lastname please advice (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: classic
4 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

not displaying group name

I created a directory test. But it is not displaying the group name. Windows 2003R2 machine. drwxr-xr-x 1 vivek 0 0 Sep 2 12:39 test uid=1073778986(vivek) gid=1073742337(+Domain Users) groups=1073742337(+Domain Users), 65792(+Everyone), 131616(+Administrators), 4095(CurrentSession),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkk
1 Replies
gnomevfs-ls(1)							   User Commands						    gnomevfs-ls(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-ls - display a directory listing of a virtual location SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-ls URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-ls is obsolete. It has been superseded by gvfs-ls. See gvfs-ls(1). gnomevfs-ls displays a directory listing of a URI location. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the location of the virtual directory in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Listing the Directory Contents of the System Root Directory example% gnomevfs-ls file:/// ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-ls Executable to display a directory listing of a virtual location ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-cat(1), gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1), gvfs-ls(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 gnomevfs-ls(1)