Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file read + unix script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers file read + unix script Post 72696 by vivekshankar on Monday 23rd of May 2005 03:18:18 PM
Old 05-23-2005
Thanks a lot!!

Regards
Vivek.S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read the content of the files in unix script

Hi I need help below is my textfile format look like PO Nbr Ln Item Number Description Qty Order Order Date Due Date Status Reply ID Reply Date Reply Qty P304802 1 K0220040 TSX-3225 C 16.367900 MHz 320379 07/01/2008 29/01/2008 REQ OP304802 02/02/2008 190000 P304802 2 K0220040 TSX-3225 C... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thila
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i read a non text file in unix - ELF-64 executable object file - IA64

The binary file is ELF-64 executable object file - IA64. How i know that the source is Is there any comamnd in unix i can read these kind of files or use a thirty party software? Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Find & read a script in Unix

Hi, Please give me the cmd to find the location of a script(eg. xyz_bkup.sh).also i want to read the contents of the script. Thanks in advance James (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: James777
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script help to read log file

Hi I have a big log file :08,936 DEBUG HttpConnectionManager.getConnection: config = 11:39:08,936 DEBUG Getting free connection, 11:39:08,989 DEBUG Freeing connection, hostConfig=HostConfiguration 11:39:08,989 DEBUG Notifying no-one, there are no waiting threads 11:39:09,046... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javaholics
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to read the XML file from Website

Hi Experts, I need a unix shell script which can copy the xml file from the below pasted website and paste in in my unix directory. http://www.westpac.co.nz/olcontent/olcontent.nsf/fx.xml Thanks in Advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
8 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl Script to read an excel file into an array and search in the UNIX directories

Hi, I want the Perl script with versions 5.8.2 and 5.8.5 starting with #!/usr/bin/perl The Perl program should read the excel file or text file line by line and taking into an array and search in the UNIX directories for reference file of .jsp or .js or .xsl with path .The Object names... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read a flat file, evaluate and create output. UNIX SCRIPT.

Hi all, I have a flat file as below; 470423495|1||TSA-A000073800||1|||1 471423495|1||TSA-A000073800||5|||5 472423495|1||TSA-A000073800||2|||7 473423495|1||TSA-A000073800||3|||3 I like to create a Unix script. The script have to valuate the last two columns, if the values are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a file, line by line in UNIX script?

#!/bin/bash file1="yxd" for file in `cat file3.txt`; do cat $file1 | awk '{split($1,dp,"."); lend=length(dp); if(lend>2) { dom=dp"."dp; split($2,ipl,","); for(i=1; i<=length(ipl); i++) { if(ipl~/:/) { if(ipl~/:/) i++; rip=ipl; i++; raq=ipl; rtq=0; si=i+4; for(;i<si;i++) rtq+=ipl; rsub="";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with UNIX script --Read from one file and delete entries in other

Hi Guru's The script has to read an entry from one file and delete the set of lines form other file. Below is the format of the file. In the below example, script should read the entries from input file 2 and delete the entries from input file 1. Input file 1 cn: test@test1.com abc:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script UNIX to read text file line by line

i have a text file as belows, it includes 2 columns, 1st is the column name, 2nd is the file_name data_file.txt column_name file_name col1 file1 col2 file2 col3 file1 col4 file1 col5 file2 now, i would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tester111
4 Replies
decayscreen(6x) 						XScreenSaver manual						   decayscreen(6x)

NAME
decayscreen - make a screen meltdown. SYNOPSIS
decayscreen [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay usecs] [-duration secs] [-mode mode] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
The decayscreen program creates a melting effect by randomly shifting rectangles around the screen. The image that it manipulates will be grabbed from the portion of the screen underlying the window, or from the system's video input, or from a random file on disk, as indicated by the grabDesktopImages, grabVideoFrames, and chooseRandomImages options in the ~/.xscreensaver file; see xscreensaver-demo(1) for more details. OPTIONS
decayscreen accepts the following options: -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -mono If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display. -install Install a private colormap for the window. -visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -delay microseconds Slow it down. -duration seconds How long to run before loading a new image. Default 120 seconds. -mode mode The direction in which the image should tend to slide. Legal values are random (meaning pick one), up, left, right, down, upleft, downleft, upright, downright, shuffle (meaning prefer no particular direction), in (meaning move things toward the center), out (meaning move things away from the center), melt (meaning melt straight downward), stretch (meaning stretch the screen downward), and fuzz (meaning go blurry instead of melty). -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1), xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver-getimage(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992 by Vivek Khera. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Vivek Khera <khera@cs.duke.edu>, 05-Aug-93; based on code by David Wald, 1988. Modified by jwz, 28-Nov-1997. Modified by Rick Schultz <rick@skapunx.net> 05-Apr-1999. Modified by Vince Levey <vincel@vincel.org> 25-Oct-2001. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) decayscreen(6x)