Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printing rich text
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers printing rich text Post 726 by angthelaw on Wednesday 10th of January 2001 12:27:31 PM
Old 01-10-2001
I agree that a MS printing solution is the better way to go and I've already figured out a way to accomplish that. But, unfortunately, I'm not permitted to go that route and must print rich text through unix.

So, any ideas?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Bar code generation in to the text file and printing the same using lp command.

Hi, I need the information regaring bar code printing. I am looking for the program which runs on solaris that take number string (like mobile number, bill number etc) as input and generate bar code font in to the text file. Remember it is not the bit map. The program just writes the fonts in to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath Naik
0 Replies

2. Linux

Plain Text printing issues

I'm attempting to print to a networked konica printer. No linux drivers that I know of exist, but we've always used HP 5si drivers and have had good results. We just loaded a box up with CentOS 5, and now when we print any sort of file from the command line (lp -dkonica <filename>), the text is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fender177
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a Capital rich string

Hello all, I am new and straight away jump in with a question, sorry! I am working on a new Mediawiki site and have 1500 html pages I want to add to the system, I will mostly do them one by one as it needs some editing, but one thing I like to do in one go, I need to change ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: externalaw
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with rich text / HTML with image

Hi, Is it possible to send mail from my HP-Ux system with images, rich text? I would like to program in such a way that I have my company's logo(.jpg) image attached in the mail geeting triggered. I would like to send a rich text/HTML email instead of plain text mail to the recipients. Is it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rythym05
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing a text until a keyword is found

Hi, here's the problem: text="hello1 hello2 world earth mars jupiter planet"how do I print the text until it finds the keyword "mars" so that the desired output is output="hello1 hello2 world earth" I have rtfm of sed and I think the problem is, that if I find the word "mars" it will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: icantfindauser
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify blocks of text by printing missing columns

Hi Experts, I have a problem where I want to print missing columns (3,4) within a block of text. Each block is separated by "###". Some rows have missing column 3 and 4 which should be same as the previous value in column 3 and 4. The file is space delimited. For example: INPUT ###... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mira
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing every alternate columns in a text file

Hi, I have a big matrix with 1 million columns and 21 rows, which is a tab delimited file. I would like to print every alternate columns into a new file. For each row, the start column will be always the first column. For example the input file 1 2 4 5 8 0 7 9 2 5 6 3 0 6 9 2 3 6 3 6 6 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing multiple lines on the same line between specific text

This is an extract from a large file. The lines that start with fc are ports on a fabric switch. In between each fc port there is information about the port. fc2/12 is up Port description is SEIEDISCOVER-3 Speed is 4 Gbps fc2/13 is down (Administratively down) fc2/14 is up Port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
1 Replies
xscreensaver-text(1)                                            XScreenSaver manual                                           xscreensaver-text(1)

NAME
xscreensaver-text - prints some text to stdout, for use by screen savers. SYNOPSIS
xscreensaver-text [--verbose] [--columns N] [--text STRING] [--file PATH] [--program CMD] [--url URL] DESCRIPTION
The xscreensaver-text script prints out some text for use by various screensavers, according to the options set in the ~/.xscreensaver file. This may dump the contents of a file, run a program, or load a URL. OPTIONS
xscreensaver-text accepts the following options: --columns N or --cols N Where to wrap lines; default 72 columns. --verbose or -v Print diagnostics to stderr. Multiple -v switches increase the amount of output. Command line options may be used to override the settings in the ~/.xscreensaver file: --string STRING Print the given string. It may contain % escape sequences as per strftime(2). --file PATH Print the contents of the given file. If --cols is specified, re-wrap the lines; otherwise, print them as-is. --program CMD Run the given program and print its output. If --cols is specified, re-wrap the output. --url HTTP-URL Download and print the contents of the HTTP document. If it contains HTML, RSS, or Atom, it will be converted to plain-text. Note: this re-downloads the document every time it is run! It might be considered abusive for you to point this at a web server that you do not control! ENVIRONMENT
HTTP_PROXY or http_proxy to get the default HTTP proxy host and port. BUGS
The RSS and Atom output is always ISO-8859-1, regardless of locale. URLs should be cached, use "If-Modified-Since", and obey "Expires". SEE ALSO
xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver(1), fortune(1), phosphor(1), apple2(1), starwars(1), fontglide(1), dadadodo(1), webcollage(1), http://www.livejournal.com/stats/latest-rss.bml, http://twitter.com/statuses/public_timeline.atom, driftnet(1), EtherPEG, EtherPeek COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 20-Mar-2005. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) xscreensaver-text(1)