Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: delete line in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete line in a file Post 71922 by RishiPahuja on Tuesday 17th of May 2005 05:43:09 AM
Old 05-17-2005
MySQL Try this

sed '/file_b/d' file.txt > new_file.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete line(s) from file

What is the easiest way to delete a line from a file? I have a file that contains list for Domestic and Foreign customers. I want to delete all lines staring with Foreing. TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elchalateco
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete line from a file

Hi , I have a file it content is like that /vol.nas/u08/aip_triage/hany/Tesko/:CC::RPAS /home/biblawh/myscript:CC::RPAS i need to search for a certain pattern inside that file and delete the line if i find this pattern without redirecting the output into another file . so i used the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramezernest
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete a line from the file

Hi, I have a file which contains entries with different numbers, for example: 275|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| 2758|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| 2765|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| 2920|24hroff|sel,fill,dbw| I need to delete a line which contains certian number, for instance 275 I was trying to use 'sed' but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a line from a file

Hi, Need to delete a line from a file, file is too large so cannot use vi. I know the line number that has to be deleted... How can this be done ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohini
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete first line from file and more....

Hello, I have to deal with several files that will be named something like this: E00001.TXT, E00002.TXT etc. Each file will have a alpha character on the first position of the first line which I want to place in a variable, then delete the entire line leaving the remainder of text. This new file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfb500
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line from file

hi all, i have trackfile.txt which contains the data as 0 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t1 1 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t2 2 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t3 3 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t4 if user says delete 1 then i want to delete 1 /home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/t2 line from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a particular line from a file

I have a file of following form 2886758410 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:26 1 0 52 139 1129 2886758420 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:35 1 0 52 139 1131 2886758420 2886758500 17 1999-Mar-18 16:26:41 0 0 56 56 1132... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete either of one line from file.?

Hi gurus, I have one file it may contains one line is "START" or "FINISH" either one of them. I use below command to delete it, but it doens't work. sed '/^START\|^END/d' <inputfile > outfile anybody can help me to fix this. thanks in advance. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File same line delete

Hi, I want to do file1 to file2. Rows will be different every time. Thanks. file1 Fru-Name :BCNMB-B Fru-Location :/chassis-1/motherboard-1 Node-Name :LMP-1-1-1 Fru-Name :BMPP2-B Fru-Location :/chassis-1/slot-1 Node-Name :CFPU-0 Fru-Name :BMPP2-B Fru-Location... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozcanaydin
2 Replies
BNSTAT(1)							BNETD User's Manual							 BNSTAT(1)

NAME
bnstat - Battle.net statisics client SYNOPSIS
bnstat [options] [servername [serverport]] DESCRIPTION
bnstat is a simple Battle.net client emulator that can be used to gather player statistics. It is also compatible with FSGS servers, but has difficulty with real Battle.net servers. If no servername is specified, localhost is assumed. If no serverport is specified, 6112 is assumed. If no player is specified on the command line, bnstat(1) will connect to the server and prompt for one from stdin. All avaliable statistics for the emulated client type are formatted and displayed on stdout. OPTIONS
-b Causes bnstat to emulate a Brood Wars client. --client Causes bnstat to emulate a specific client. The following client tags are recognized: DRTL DSHR STAR SSHR SEXP W2BN. There are short options which may be used instead for the common clients. --bnetd Also attempt to gather bnetd(1) specific information. -d Causes bnstat to emulate a Diablo client. --fsgs Also attempt to gather FSGS specific information. -h --help --usage Print usage information and exit. -k --cdkey Causes bnstat to report an alternate key to the bnetd(1) server. -o --owner Causes bnstat to report an alternate owner to the bnetd(1) server. -p --player Gather statistics only for the specified player and then exit. This also avoids using login and terminal functions allowing it to be used in shell scripts. -s Causes bnstat to emulate a Starcraft client. -v --version Print its version number and exit. -w Causes bnstat to emulate a Warcraft II BNE client. NOTES
The current version is available with the bnetd distribution at: http://www.bnetd.org/ BUGS
This program assumes that the terminal will move to the beginning of the current line when the carriage return character (^M) is printed. It also assumes the backspace character (^H) will move one column to the left that character printed after that will replace those already on the screen. The terminal settings are not consulted for keybindings. The following are assumed: ^H delete the character to the left of the cursor ^J accept current line ^M (return) accept current line ^T transpose the last two characters ^W delete word to the left of the cursor ^U delete the whole input line ^[ (escape) cancel the current input line ^? (delete) delete the character to the left of the cursor SEE ALSO
bnetd(1) AUTHOR
Ross Combs (ross@bnetd.org) BNETD
11 June, 2000 BNSTAT(1)