Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX source?
Top Forums Programming UNIX source? Post 7154 by PxT on Wednesday 19th of September 2001 03:44:16 PM
Old 09-19-2001
Linux source code is available from kernel.org. Commercial Unix vendors do not release their source for download.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX commands source

does anyone knows where i can find the source code any Unix commands??? THx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubis450
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

the source code of unix

tha ithela na moy peite an mporo apo kapoy na vro ton pigaio kvdika toy unix se glossa c .efxaristo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matsoyka
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Source Code Of Unix

Do you have the source code of UNIX? If yes, can you please send it to me on my email email address deleted For your this help I shall be obliged to you. With Regards rajesh ***phone removed*** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_ranjan26
1 Replies

4. Linux

how to get source code of Unix commands?

Can anyone tell me how/where to get the source code for the unix commands like "ls ,finger,cp....etc" commands . I have tried very hard but failed so far. Thanks JAGDISH MACHHI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Source code for Unix commands

hi Folks!! Just got a question in mind.... Is it possible for us to read the c code of the commands in the bin directory? I work on a LINUX server and i only see executables in the bin directory which i obviously can't read. Please help me regarding this. Thanks in advance and wishing you a very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdiwakarteja
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies

7. Programming

Source Command in Unix

Hi all, I am having two files, the content of first file (out.bash) is #!/bin/bash cd /home/jessy/abc echo "hihi-part1" Second file content (out2.csh)is #!/usr/bin/csh source ./out.bash echo "hihi-part2" When I run in Ubuntu, i am typing bash out2.csh, the output display is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source trigger in Unix shell

Hi All, Is ther any way to write the script with source trigger ? To trigger the script on particular time we have crontab. Similarly in a path, when a file comes particular script has to run. Thanks:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesu
7 Replies

9. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
MICROCODE_CTL(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  MICROCODE_CTL(8)

NAME
microcode_ctl - microcode utility for Intel IA32 processors SYNOPSIS
microcode_ctl [-h] [-i] [-u [-q]] [-Q] [-f microcode] DESCRIPTION
The microcode_ctl utility is a companion to the IA32 microcode driver written by Tigran Aivazian <tigran@veritas.com>. The utility has two uses: a) it decodes and sends new microcode to the kernel driver to be uploaded to Intel IA32 processors. (Pentium Pro, PII, Celeron, PIII, Xeon, Pentium 4 etc) b) it signals the kernel driver to release the buffers containing the copy of microcode data actually applied to given CPU, linear array of 2048 bytes per CPU, see struct microcode in include/asm/processor.h for information on the layout of chunks buffers may hold The microcode update is volatile and needs to be uploaded on each system boot i.e. it doesn't reflash your cpu permanently, reboot and it reverts back to the old microcode. -h display usage and exit -i release any buffers held in microcode driver -u upload microcode (from default filename) -f upload microcode from named Intel formatted file -q run silently when successful -Q run silently even on failure EXAMPLE
microcode_ctl -iu Upload and free kernel buffers FILES
/etc/microcode.dat The default microcode location AUTHOR
Microcode utility written by Simon Trimmer Linux Kernel driver written by Tigran Aivazian. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to either Simon Trimmer <simon@veritas.com> or Tigran Aivazian <tigran@veritas.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 VERITAS Software This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SPECIAL THANKS
Thanks to the Intel Corporation, for supplying microcode update data and publishing the specifications that enabled us to write microcode driver for Linux. SEE ALSO
The brave are recommended to view the driver source code located in the Linux Kernel source tree in arch/i386/kernel/microcode.c Visit http://www.urbanmyth.org/microcode/ for more information and microcode updates. microcode_ctl 17 January 2001 MICROCODE_CTL(8)