Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Killall script?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Killall script? Post 70653 by Just Ice on Monday 2nd of May 2005 08:50:51 PM
Old 05-02-2005
you could also try from the command line ...
Code:
kill -9 `ps -ef | awk '/$user/ && !/awk/ {print $2}'`

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using killall command

hi all... I investigate if exists some script so that when unix run an application (in this case backup's), so after of that does run killall command to all users connected, or if it is possible to be put in crontab... I wait for and they help me so I do not have much knowledge in programming....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verifying killall command usage

killall -KILL rdiff-backup Is it a valid command coz i couldn't find a -KILL option for killall in the man page. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing the terminated message from pkill & killall commands in a bash script

Hi all, I've been pulling my hair out with this problem for 3 days:wall: now without success any help would be massively appreciated. Basically the script is used to shutdown a rails server so a new IP address can be assigned, the shutdown part is taken care of in function_one using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

7. Fedora

Understanding Killall command , wait option

:wall:killall -wHi i need to understand how the -w option works in terms of processes. If this command is issued does it literally terminate all running processes ..wait for them all to be terminated and then return to standard output ? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrRobot
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
KILLALL5(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       KILLALL5(8)

NAME
killall5 -- send a signal to all processes. SYNOPSIS
killall5 -signalnumber [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] DESCRIPTION
killall5 is the SystemV killall command. It sends a signal to all processes except kernel threads and the processes in its own session, so it won't kill the shell that is running the script it was called from. Its primary (only) use is in the rc scripts found in the /etc/init.d directory. OPTIONS
-o omitpid Tells killall5 to omit processes with that process id. NOTES
killall5 can also be invoked as pidof, which is simply a (symbolic) link to the killall5 program. EXIT STATUS
The program return zero if it killed processes. It return 2 if no process were killed, and 1 if it was unable to find any processes (/proc/ is missing). SEE ALSO
halt(8), reboot(8), pidof(8), killproc(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 04 Nov 2003 KILLALL5(8)