Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 7.1 & HP Netserver LPR
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 7.1 & HP Netserver LPR Post 7000 by PxT on Monday 17th of September 2001 02:05:58 PM
Old 09-17-2001
Check HP's netserver website for information. (netserver.hp.com) Many of the netserver models require an updated driver disk for the SCSI drives to work properly.

You should be able to get redhat 7.0 from ftp.redhat.com or a mirror. Once installed you could upgrade all the rpm's and essentially have a 7.1 system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 and hp Netserver LC2000 U3

Hi, I have a SCO Openserver 5.0.5 server running RAID5 on the hp NETRAID-1M controller and it works just fine. However, I cannot add a tape drive in. The standard SCSI card is a Symbios and I am using the 'slha' driver, but the system doesnt see the adaptor at SCO startup. The adaptor and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christate
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is lpr -P ?

Hi , Could u please tell me What is lpr -P ? Regards Ashish Malviya:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashishm
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpr landscape

Hi Can anybody tell me how to configure my printer to handle lpr -o landscape? Or what I need to do to print a text file in landscape format using the lpr command. Thanks Monique (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squeakywheel
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpq, lpr and printing problems

good day! i would just like to ask for advice regarding an lp problem i have.. we currently migrated a GIS appl from sol 2.6 to sol 8 but maintained the same version of jetadmin (for the appl plotters and printers). we are able to print files on a printer but not on a plotter. the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maria_iris
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP Netserver 2000 U3 RAID

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I tried to install SCO Open Server on HP2000 U3 drivers is amrid, at install of SCO unnix only recognize non hot plugged devices I have 2 HD of 40 GO under ID 0 and 1 but unix does not see them at boot ?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bernardschmitt
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP Netserver 2000 U3 RAID

I tried to install SCO Open Server on HP2000 U3 drivers is amrid, at install of SCO unnix only recognize non hot plugged devices I have 2 HD of 40 GO under ID 0 and 1 but unix does not see them at boot ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bernardschmitt
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing a tape drive on HP NetServer e800

This server had an HP C1555 tape drive that appears to have gone belly up. We found a replacement, an HP C1537, that we want to install. We did the hardware thing, with power off, of course, but when the box was rebooted it did not seem to recognize the drive. At least the backup software did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akirson
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL installation on HP NetServer LH6000

Dear experts, Can any one suggest, whether RHEL is supported in HP NetServer LH6000 U3 Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing using LPR solved

Hi Guys, I am using the following command in unix for printing. pr -t -l34 "$1" | lpr -r But i was not able to see the file getting deleted. Is anything wrong with the command. ---------- Post updated at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:38 AM ---------- Hi... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kar1234
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print word doc using lpr command

Hi , We are trying to automate Printing the word document directly from the Server level to a Printer. We have printer registered and command I use is lp -d printername 1234.doc Even though the program completes fine, a print does not reach to the printer for word document. In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrashantTalele
4 Replies
RPMDB(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  RPMDB(8)

NAME
rpmdb - RPM Database Tool SYNOPSIS
rpm {--initdb|--rebuilddb} DESCRIPTION
The general form of an rpm rebuild database command is rpm {--initdb|--rebuilddb} [-v] [--dbpath DIRECTORY] [--root DIRECTORY] Use --initdb to create a new database if one doesn't already exist (existing database is not overwritten), use --rebuilddb to rebuild the database indices from the installed package headers. SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpm --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 June 2010 RPMDB(8)