Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking unable to bring up any interface Post 6978 by alam on Monday 17th of September 2001 09:16:08 AM
Old 09-17-2001
Question unable to bring up any interface

I have Linux 7.1 setup on a Dell and am unable to bring up any interfaces. Both the lo and eth0 fail upon boot up and I get a insmod error possibly due to bad irq or IO setting.
If I disable eth0 upon boot, then lo works fine, but offcourse I get the "delaying initialization" upon boot for eth0
help
thanks

Last edited by alam; 09-17-2001 at 11:09 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to bring up Sun OS

The last thing I did was set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to EXCLUSIVE. Then rebooted server. Since that time I have not been able to login. During bootup it can't find root and generates alot of errors. Does anybody know of a default login and password that will allow me to log in and rebuild the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayewil
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to bring a disk from error to online state.

Hello experts. I am using Solaris 10(2005) on intel machine. I have installed Veritas Volume manager 5.0. I am unable to bring a disk error to online state. I would like to bring that disk to CDS format. Commands i used and output are.... #vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
11 Replies

3. IP Networking

Unable to start network interface

Hi (sorry for my bad English) I'm trying to configure an US Robotics (USR5423) wirless usb adapter on Fedora 9. the device is detected, and i'm trying to configure a wireless connection. When I want to activate the device using #service network restart or # /etc/init.d/network restart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: teis
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to bring iscsitgt service to online

this is samiulla in my vmware solaris 11 i installed iscsitgt pakage but it goes to maintenance and i am unable to bring into online with svcadm clear iscsitgt how can i forcefully online iscsitgt service. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samiulla
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
aoe-discover(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   aoe-discover(8)

NAME
aoe-discover - tell aoe driver to discover AoE devices SYNOPSIS
aoe-discover DESCRIPTION
The aoe-discover command tells the aoe driver to discover ATA over Ethernet (AoE) devices on the network. All network interfaces will be probed with a AoE config query broadcast. If the aoe-interfaces command has limited the allowable network interfaces, only devices discovered via allowable interfaces will become available. The default is to make available all AoE devices found on all accessible ethernet networks. It's good to run the aoe-discover command after running aoe-interfaces. EXAMPLE
In this example, the root user on a host named nai loads the aoe module with only eth0 allowable for AoE traffic. After remembering that shelf 7 is on eth3, this sysadmin uses aoe-interfaces to add eth3 to the list of allowable network interfaces and then calls aoe-discover to ask the aoe driver to look for new AoE devices. nai:~# modprobe aoe aoe_iflist="eth0" nai:~# aoe-stat e10.9 eth0 up nai:~# aoe-interfaces eth0 eth3 nai:~# aoe-discover nai:~# aoe-stat e7.0 eth3 up e7.1 eth3 up e7.2 eth3 up e7.3 eth3 up e7.4 eth3 up e7.5 eth3 up e7.6 eth3 up e7.7 eth3 up e7.8 eth3 up e7.9 eth3 up e10.9 eth0 up SEE ALSO
aoe-interfaces(8), aoe-stat(8), aoetools(8). AUTHOR
Ed L. Cashin (ecashin@coraid.com) aoe-discover(8)