Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uninstall BootManager
Operating Systems BSD uninstall BootManager Post 69377 by hmaiida on Thursday 14th of April 2005 10:43:26 AM
Old 04-14-2005
but suppose i removed the boot loader...am i sure that i will be able after that booting on my old windoze system?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall command

I am trying to uninstall some software from a system running Compaq Tru64 UNIX v4.0e (was Digital UNIX). I can't find the correct "uninstall" command. I've tried uninstall, pkgrm, removepkg unsuccessfully. Does anyone know the command? Specifically, I had a problem with the installation of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bscottiii
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do u uninstall apache

i am running redhat 7.3 how do i unistall apache if i installed from a tarball? really need to know this thanx (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
8 Replies

3. Linux

uninstall xinetd

hey, haha it's me agian, i think that my xinetd is messed up, i am unable to stop it. I can start it though...lol. I just wonderd how can i uninstall it so i can reinstall it...maybe this time it'll work. I'm running RH 7.1 i think. thanks:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Uninstall Apache 1.3.37

I have installed apache on solaris 8. May I know how do i uninstall it? :confused: thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Perl - How to uninstall? Will pkgrm uninstall all versions?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9/Sparc machine and it has the Solaris 10 version of Perl (5.8.8) installed on it, which always requires all kinds of library files that Solaris 9 doesn't come with. I think the best way to do is to uninstall this wrong version and install the correct Solaris 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alanlh
1 Replies

6. AIX

uninstall NIM

Hello I have a NIM installation on a production server database. I know that this is not the best. for that I want to uninstall the nim and put on another machine. Im not install this NIM on the production server. My question is only uninstall with smitty and delete the filesystems and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

7. Solaris

how to uninstall the package help

hi i installed wine1.1.2-sol11-i386.pkg.bz2 but wine doesnt work error err:process:start_wineboot failed to start wineboot, err 1359 how can i uninstall that package and how can i fix that error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ect1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

debuginfo-install, how to uninstall?

I used the following command: $debuginfo-install glibc-2.12.90-17.i686 it is helpful when using gdb, but now I don't need it. How to uninstall the debuginfo packet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to uninstall limbcrypt-devel?

my os is # cat /etc/redhat-release CentOS release 6.4 (Final) from Pinoyden Blog: configure: error: mcrypt.h not found. Please reinstall libmcrypt. # rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm Retrieving... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Uninstall OpenSSL

We have a legacy HP-UX 11.11 server that has a number of security vulnerabilities associated with OpenSSL. We have a project in the works to replace this server but until then I need to deal with the vulnerabilities. No applications on the server utilize SSL, so my plan was to simply remove it. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
8 Replies
BEASTIE.4TH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    BEASTIE.4TH(8)

NAME
beastie.4th -- FreeBSD ASCII art boot module DESCRIPTION
The file that goes by the name of beastie.4th is a set of commands designed to draw the ASCII art FreeBSD mascot -- known simply as beastie -- to the right of the boot loader menu. The commands of beastie.4th by themselves are not enough for most uses. Please refer to the exam- ples below for the most common situations, and to loader(8) for additional commands. Before using any of the commands provided in beastie.4th, it must be included through the command: include beastie.4th This line is present in the default /boot/loader.rc file, so it is not needed (and should not be re-issued) in a normal setup. The commands provided by it are: draw-beastie Draws the FreeBSD logo. The logo that is drawn is configured by setting the loader_logo variable in loader.conf(5) to one of ``beastie'', ``beastiebw'', ``fbsdbw'', ``orb'', and ``orbbw'' (the default). The position of the logo can be configured by setting the loader_logo_x and loader_logo_y variables in loader.conf(5). The default values are 46 (x) and 4 (y). clear-beastie Clears the screen of beastie. beastie-start Initializes the interactive boot loader menu. The loader_delay variable can be configured in loader.conf(5) to the number of seconds you would like to delay loading the boot menu. During the delay the user can press Ctrl-C to fall back to autoboot or ENTER to proceed. The default behavior is to not delay. The environment variables that effect its behavior are: loader_logo Selects the desired logo in the beastie boot menu. Possible values are: ``fbsdbw'', ``beastie'', ``beastiebw'', ``orb'', ``orbbw'' (default), and ``none''. loader_logo_x Sets the desired column position of the logo. Default is 46. loader_logo_y Sets the desired row position of the logo. Default is 4. beastie_disable If set to ``YES'', the beastie boot menu will be skipped. The beastie boot menu is always skipped if booting UEFI or running non-x86 hardware. loader_delay If set to a number higher than zero, introduces a delay before starting the beastie boot menu. During the delay the user can press either Ctrl-C to skip the menu or ENTER to proceed to the menu. The default is to not delay when loading the menu. FILES
/boot/loader The loader(8). /boot/beastie.4th beastie.4th itself. /boot/loader.rc loader(8) bootstrapping script. EXAMPLES
Standard i386 /boot/loader.rc: include /boot/beastie.4th beastie-start Set a different logo in loader.conf(5): loader_logo="beastie" SEE ALSO
loader.conf(5), loader(8), loader.4th(8) HISTORY
The beastie.4th set of commands first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. AUTHORS
The beastie.4th set of commands was written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>, Aleksander Fafula <alex@fafula.com> and Devin Teske <dteske@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
April 27, 2014 BSD