Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet Session
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Telnet Session Post 68680 by Just Ice on Wednesday 6th of April 2005 09:36:37 AM
Old 04-06-2005
what is the purpose of this script? is this just to help you login without putting in your password? if so, try rlogin (see "man rlogin") or ssh (see man "ssh") ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet session timeout

hi, we can set something such that if the user has been idle for a while, it will auto disconnect. where to do so? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet session does not expire

Dear friends.. Our project has a module that runs on handheld devices. Through the handheld we telnet to solaris where the application actually runs. I noticed that after starting a session through the handheld, if i go out of range or if i remove and replace the battery in the handheld, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepsteptom
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check for successfull telnet session

In either case using ksh or tcl, how can I check that I have a successfule telnet session and am being prompted with a tacacs login prompt ? :confused: DOIT () { sleep 2 echo "<tacacs name >" sleep 1 echo "<password>" echo "en" sleep 1 echo "<enable password>" echo "term length 512"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Telnet session

Hi Is there any way whilst in a telnet session you can view your client machine name that you are using to connect to the Unix box ? :eek: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Session to AIX

Hello, I have AIX 5.3 at home connected to netgear router. Port Forwarding has been enabled on the router. Problem is that if I want to telnet, I have to try 2 or 3 times before I can get a logon prompt. It times out for first or second time (Connection to session <IP_Address> failed: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluebee
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disconnecting a telnet session

How can I disconnect an existing telnet session? The host is a serial port server with multiple ports. The users login using the host's name and a port, i.e. telnet host01 1235. Thanks. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldude
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls recommend a telnet session

hi guys, currently i'm using putty and hyper terminal in my telnet session mostly on hp servers. problem is when im trying to use putty to connect with the mp console im unable to connect because im using a usb-to-serial cable & putty only configured to com1. reason for this is i want to save... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gob23g
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

ssh session getting hung (smilar to hpux telnet session is getting hung after about 15 minutes)

Our network administrators implemented some sort of check to kill idle sessions and now burden is on us to run some sort of keep alive. Client based keep alive doesn't do a very good job. I have same issue with ssh. Does solution 2 provided above apply for ssh sessions also? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

9. SCO

Telnet session disconnects abruptly

I have inherited and SCO OpenServer Release 6 server. The clients connect using telnet to get to a proprietary database application for Service tickets. The issue I am currently having is that the connection just stops abruptly and you can see "telnet session terminated" on the terminal emulation... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: sean6605
22 Replies
SYSTEMD-SUSPEND.SERVICE(8)				      systemd-suspend.service					SYSTEMD-SUSPEND.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-suspend.service, systemd-hibernate.service, systemd-hybrid-sleep.service, systemd-sleep - System sleep state logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-suspend.service systemd-hibernate.service systemd-hybrid-sleep.service /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-sleep DESCRIPTION
systemd-suspend.service is a system service that is pulled in by suspend.target and is responsible for the actual system suspend. Similarly, systemd-hibernate.service is pulled in by hibernate.target to execute the actual hibernation. Finally, systemd-hybrid-sleep.service is pulled in by hybrid-sleep.target to execute hybrid hibernation with system suspend. Immediately before entering system suspend and/or hibernation systemd-suspend.service (and the other mentioned units, respectively) will run all executables in /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/ and pass two arguments to them. The first argument will be "pre", the second either "suspend", "hibernate", or "hybrid-sleep" depending on the chosen action. Immediately after leaving system suspend and/or hibernation the same executables are run, but the first argument is now "post". All executables in this directory are executed in parallel, and execution of the action is not continued until all executables have finished. Note that scripts or binaries dropped in /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/ are intended for local use only and should be considered hacks. If applications want to be notified of system suspend/hibernation and resume, there are much nicer interfaces available. Note that systemd-suspend.service, systemd-hibernate.service, and systemd-hybrid-sleep.service should never be executed directly. Instead, trigger system sleep states with a command such as "systemctl suspend" or similar. Internally, this service will echo a string like "mem" into /sys/power/state, to trigger the actual system suspend. What exactly is written where can be configured in the "[Sleep]" section of /etc/systemd/sleep.conf. See systemd-sleep.conf(5). OPTIONS
systemd-sleep understands the following commands: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print the systemd version identifier and exit. suspend, hibernate, hybrid-sleep Suspend, hibernate, or put the system to hybrid sleep. SEE ALSO
systemd-sleep.conf(5), systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd.special(7), systemd-halt.service(8) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-SUSPEND.SERVICE(8)