Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove Server Sleep Mode
Operating Systems Solaris Remove Server Sleep Mode Post 68658 by alvintai on Wednesday 6th of April 2005 08:41:46 AM
Old 04-06-2005
RE:Remove Server Sleep Mode

Hi,

Actually my problem is that the v120 Server that i have is very strange. In fact i have two v120 server. The other is ok. But this particularly is very strange. When i use it during office hour. Is ok. But if i left it overnight. The next day it will be at OK prompt when i connect to it via the LOM port. I have to because i cannot telnet in nor i can ping. Does this cause by the power safe mode or the OS crash ?

Thanks
Alvin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can client connect() when server in sleep(300); after listen(fd,5);

0 .with regards to you 1 .Thank you for reading letter 2 .a Server call sleep(20) after listern(fd,5) . When the Server is in asleep,a Client connect() to it successful and send a lot of appointed data . 3 .Why ? I think that the server is in sleep (beasue I call sleep()) , it donot block at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. Programming

multi-threaded server, pthreads, sleep

I am trying to writa a multi-client & multi-threaded TCP server. There is a thread pool. Each thread in the pool will handle requests of multiple clients. But here I have a problem. I find a solution but it is not how it must be... i think. When threads working without sleep(1) I can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parahat Melayev
0 Replies

3. BSD

OpenOffice in server mode

Hello, The issue of this job is to build a Lodel+servoo server (this is a CMS cf. http://www.servoo.net/document.php?id=20 and http://www.lodel.org/document136.html). But I had a problem to install the ports open-office1.x. when I launch the make install it tell me to type a make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoulCoder
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

my process is going to sleep mode after 12 hours but i need my process in in firsy pr

hi all I process is sleeping after 12 hours but i need to be run this to 24 hours but it goes in sleep mode after 12 hours what should i do to make process always running.Kindly give me suggestion. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh_rakesh1
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

6. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preventing the sleep mode in Solaris

Hi , I am working on a Solaris server which goes to sleep mode if idle for more than 30 min. I have a remote access so that I can access the server from my home too. By the time I go back to my room, it is going to sleep mode so I could see nothing but a black screen. Is there any option to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhag
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Do Linux "Sleep Mode" Problems Happen on UNIX?

I am an experienced MS Windows user who has tried four different flavors of Linux: Mandriva, Centos, Debian, and Ubantu---each on a different PC. (I always used a dual-boot configuration with Grub and Win XP or Win 7). Each time, I encountered the following two problems: While resuming from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdz
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

1000 sleep commands on a Linux Server impact?

Hi All, I have a shell script, at one point it try to ping a server in our organization network, if ping fail it will wait for an hour using sleep command and try to run the script again from the beginning. I'm wondering what could be the possible impact on my Linux server if 1000 sleep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaddamAB
5 Replies
IBV_RC_PINGPONG(1)						   USER COMMANDS						IBV_RC_PINGPONG(1)

NAME
ibv_rc_pingpong - simple InfiniBand RC transport test SYNOPSIS
ibv_rc_pingpong [-p port] [-d device] [-i ib port] [-s size] [-r rx depth] [-n iters] [-l sl] [-e] HOSTNAME ibv_rc_pingpong [-p port] [-d device] [-i ib port] [-s size] [-r rx depth] [-n iters] [-l sl] [-e] DESCRIPTION
Run a simple ping-pong test over InfiniBand via the reliable connected (RC) transport. OPTIONS
-p, --port=PORT use TCP port PORT for initial synchronization (default 18515) -d, --ib-dev=DEVICE use IB device DEVICE (default first device found) -i, --ib-port=PORT use IB port PORT (default port 1) -s, --size=SIZE ping-pong messages of size SIZE (default 4096) -r, --rx-depth=DEPTH post DEPTH receives at a time (default 1000) -n, --iters=ITERS perform ITERS message exchanges (default 1000) -l, --sl=SL use SL as the service level value of the QP (default 0) -e, --events sleep while waiting for work completion events (default is to poll for completions) SEE ALSO
ibv_uc_pingpong(1), ibv_ud_pingpong(1), ibv_srq_pingpong(1) AUTHORS
Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com> BUGS
The network synchronization between client and server instances is weak, and does not prevent incompatible options from being used on the two instances. The method used for retrieving work completions is not strictly correct, and race conditions may cause failures on some systems. libibverbs August 30, 2005 IBV_RC_PINGPONG(1)