Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris DVD drive problem after upgrade to Solaris 10 Post 68508 by miket on Tuesday 5th of April 2005 02:29:27 AM
Old 04-05-2005
DVD drive problem after upgrade to Solaris 10

After upgrading to solaris 10 (from sol 8) on a SUN Blade 1500, it seems that the dvd/cd-rom does not accept dvds nor cds in the dvd drive.

After I insert a dvd/cd in the drive, the disk is simply ejected (!)

Is it possible that the upgrade made the system not being able to recognize these media?

Thanks!
Michael

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem mounting DVD on Solaris 10 (x86)

I have just installed Solaris 10. I have read various threads on how to mount CDs put can't get mine going. My Sony DVD RW-U14A is attached to IDE2 as the master. If I type iostat -En I get c1t0d0 soft errors 0 hard errors 0 transport errors 0 Vendor Sony Product DVD RW-U14A Size 0Gb etc.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christian_hicks
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 floppy drive problem

I have inserted a diskette but I don't see the files nor the floppy drive. These are the commands I ran. #volcheck -v #rmformat With rmformat, only the CD-ROM is listed. I don't see any floppy drive. How can I get my floppy drive to work?? I know it is connected b/c when I boot in XP, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive?

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive? Is there a way to boot from a flash stick or install it through a network? Any help will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing Solaris x86 through an external DVD drive through the USB port...

Is there a way to install Solaris 10 x86 with an external DVD drive that connects through the USB port? I would think I would run GRUB off of a floppy disk and somehow use that to make it look to the USB port to boot from but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. AIX

dvd media in drive

Hello, It's some tool in AIX to check what kind of media (DVD+RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM) is inserted in drive? In linux there is very nice tool called dvd+rw-mediainfo. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
0 Replies

6. Solaris

x4270 Solaris Install without DVD Drive

Hello, Im installing solaris 10 on an x4270 server, but there is no DVD drive. I have only my windows laptop (with dvd drive) and direct access to the ILOM on the server via straight cable. Does anyone know any tips on how to get the solaris installed using what i have? Thanks, K. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 install with no DVD drive

Hi Guys, I think i probably know the answer to this question, but ill put it out there. I have access to one, and only one SunFire v240 with no DVD drive. I have been tasked with installing Solaris 10 on there (Solaris 8 is on at the moment). The obvious thing was to try a USB DVD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sol-nova
4 Replies
readdvd(1)							    readdvd 1.0 							readdvd(1)

NAME
readdvd - is creating an image of your source dvd media or medias even if it has / they have corrupted blocks SYNOPSIS
readdvd [-l] [-h] readdvd -d DEVICE1 [-d DEVICE2] [-d ...] -o file.iso [-s #] [-v] [-vv] DESCRIPTION
readdvd reads even a corrupted dvd and writes the the result into a new image file on your harddisk. DEVICE
can be an IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB or FireWire connected optical drive. Not all SATA controller support all Plextor features. Linux: /dev/hdX: IDE device /dev/scdX: Linux 2.4: SATA, SCSI, USB device, or IDE device via ide-scsi emulation /dev/srX: Linux 2.6: IDE device via new ATA layer, SCSI or USB device OpenBSD/NetBSD: /dev/rcdX FreeBSD: /dev/cd: SCSI device /dev/acd: ATA device MacOS X: /dev/disk: win32: C:,D:,E:, ... X:,Y:,Z: OPTIONS
-l scan busses for all available CD and DVD devices -h help shows available options. -o file.iso write data to imagefile named file.iso -s # read source media with selected speed -v use verbose mode -vv use extended verbose mode INTERACTIVE MODUS
q stop reading media and exit w save sector map which is currently read and continue with the next one EXAMPLES
readdvd -d /dev/sr0 -o filename.iso -s 8 -v create an image filename.bin of inserted media in device /dev/sr0 with read speed 8 in verbose mode. please report man page improvements to T.Maguin@web.de Gennady ShultZ Kozlov 10. April, 2009 readdvd(1)