Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users help on find with chmod.. urgent help needed Post 67853 by reborg on Monday 28th of March 2005 07:05:16 PM
Old 03-28-2005
assuming it is only the files you want to change:

find /applications/inventory/store -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \; -print

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent help needed !!

i have a script, which is continuously looping. i want to view the script name when i use ps command... it is only showing -sh ... UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME COMMAND informix 8533 20923 0 18:19:28 pts/ta 0:00 -sh but i dont have my scriptname displayed .... how can i do that my script is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhas
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent help needed.

Ok I admit it I am stumped and I would appreciate any and all help Here is what I am trying to do. Korn Shell script I am setting a variable to another shell script that I want to invoke in my main script like so: GETDIR=/vol100/cfg/.getdir The .getdir shell script take a parameter,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Batch
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FIND/CHMOD combined

I am trying to change permission for all subdirectories and files inside folder1 so this is what i came with after many seraches on the internet. man find and man chmod mirc and few articles. find .public_html/folder1 -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 777 what's wrong with this command? it is FTP... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: smoother
33 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Urgent XP help needed Please

Hi, Please accept my apologies if I have not explained anything clearly enough but i am a little old on new lingo!!! I am running XP from home and last night the following happened. After being logged on for pretty much the full day, I had what seemed like a pop up come up. Although most pop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nike1601
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent help needed!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hy guys, i got few interview questions i need someone to answer urgently: 1)If you cant get to the root, you try to fsck it, but gets errors to read file systems. What steps do you take to recover the host... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charneet
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help Needed.

Hi, Below is my issue which I desperately need and I want a shell script which can do this job. I need this script as I m planning to put this for a system health check. Please assist me. 1. There are 10 log files in a particular location. 2. open each log file. Goto to the end of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kashriram
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help needed please

Hi, I have a small grepping problem in my script.I am having a file from which i need to make sure "#^A17" is the last updation (Next # can be ignored) before ################.The idea behind this is, if this file contains "A17" as the last updation, i need to do a particular activity. please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and automatically chmod

Hello everyone, my friend is asking for yOur Help. He is asking the script for combined find and changemode utility... Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iennetastic
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help needed !!!

Hi, I have a directory, where i get 4 files for each day... The files will be generated at any time. I am trying for a shell script for copying the file from this directory whenever new file is generated. Say for example : If the directory X has following files A1,A2,A3,A4,B1,B2,B3,B4...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishh.kk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help needed...

Hi I want to create a script which deleted files in the following folders older than 30 days. There are a particular version of files inside it to be deleted Folders : /files0/interfaces/ResponsysSavedList/BackInStock/EmailContent/backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scudza
3 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)