Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with Unix/Mac OS question Post 67723 by Kelam_Magnus on Saturday 26th of March 2005 12:42:10 PM
Old 03-26-2005
Although i am a novice Mac user (wife's computer) I have found there are default settings for nearly everything.

I would suggest going thru the config files and possibly getting a book as I have for my wife. (trying to get her to be more independent on her mac.

I hate to redirect you, but I know there are plenty of online forums specifically for macs.

http://www.macfixitforums.com/

http://www.everymac.com/cgi-bin/foru...=general&b=top

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OSX question

Hi. Is it possible to execute a Cocoa (or Carbon or eaven a classic) program for mac OSX in the terminal window? OSX finder can sometimes be so busy that it wont respond for several minutes, ie if you are uploading a very big file/files to a afp server. Then it would have been nice to start... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OS X/UNIX/Terminal Question

Hey everyone I'm new to UNIX due to the new Mac OS X operating system and would like some help. I'm trying to send an email via the UNIX-Shell-Terminal i Mac OS X, (it's called darwin) How do I do that? When I enter the Command mail I can send messages to root and with the command -forward... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onkel
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac os question

i would like to ask those who know of the subject to please answer this question. could it be possible to somehow run mac os x in a newly built computer of mine. the computer i made myself (a clone) and it runs linux just nicely. would there be some way to emulate mac os x to be compatible for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChildrenoftheOS
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OS X Question

I've looked at all the forums here, and could not find my answer! I don't use a Mac, But have Played with OS X. It is Unix based I know that, but can you Install all the free programs like you can on *BSD and Lunix? MacIain (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MacIain
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Cisco Mac Question

When I do a snmpwalk of my router the mac address are not what I expected. Then return looking like this How would you convert them to 001c.c92a.b677 when a shell script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Mac OS X IP traffic shaping question

Not sure if this considered traffic shaping or not, so I'll appreciate the enlightenment... Setup- Mac Pro, Mac OS X 10.5.6, Crashplan Pro Backup server. the Mac Pro has 2 E-net ports, en0, en1. Both E-net ports are connected to the same network, different IP's. Problem- We are planning to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbenware
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)