Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab - URGENT pls
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab - URGENT pls Post 6766 by pappous on Wednesday 12th of September 2001 05:16:54 AM
Old 09-12-2001
Um, no... no scripts... just this command..

I was thinking something like tar .... > /dev/tty02 and get a confirmation message on the server.

On the other hand, is there any backup program for unix to propose? (Something like ARCServe or BackupEXEC for Windows and Novell)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pls help on crontab

how to schedule shellscripts using cron tab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss4u
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help.. Really Urgent

Hi, I am creating a pipe in a directory $HOME/pipes. The pipename should be L${PROGNAME}. Whenever i embed these lines in shell script, i get an error mkfifo: No such file or directory. I am creating a pipe with the key word mkfifo $HOME/pipes/L${PROGNAME}. Please help me how to get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavan.aero
5 Replies

3. Solaris

lex on solaris??? (urgent, pls!!!)

Hi everyone, I would like to know how to compile and run lex programs on solaris 10. the conventional way is $ lex <name.l> $ cc lex.yy.c -ll $ ./a.out but while trying to execute the 2nd command :i get a reference saying that the command is old or that main is not supported... Hence... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If not working...pls help:URGENT

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT :pls help

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help me.. soon. Very urgent

I have downloaded the Putty SSH configuration. I have entered my Host name as illinois.engr.sjsu.edu and i am trying to save that. But i am unable to save. Also i opened the session and entered my log in name But it says using keyboard interactive authentication.I am not able to get into $ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help me very urgent

will post again (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revertback
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Me Pls Its Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, These are the text file I have //input1.txt// cd dir1/dir2/pg1.txt cd dir3/dir4/pg2.txt cd dir88/dir5/pg4.txt cd dir7/dir6/pg5.txt cd dir8/dir9/pg7.txt And each text file has some text. Now I have to write a shell script which reads input1.txt and changes the directory as shown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhavanabahety
1 Replies
GPODDER-BACKUP(1)						   User Commands						 GPODDER-BACKUP(1)

NAME
gpodder-backup - Backup and restore utility for gPodder user data SYNOPSIS
gpodder-backup [--create|--extract] <archive.gpo.tar.gz> [options] gpodder-backup --purge DESCRIPTION
This utility can be used to create a dump of the current gPodder data (configuration files + downloads), optionally replacing the real con- tents of the download folder with zero-byte files (for submitting your data to a bug report without having to transfer lots of data). OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -c <FILE>, --create=<FILE> Create a new archive -x <FILE>, --extract=<FILE> Extract an existing archive -f, --fake-downloads Store downloads as zero-byte files in backup -n, --no-covers Do not include cover files in archive -D <DIR>, --destination=<DIR> Extract downloads in different folder -P, --purge Remove current data (can be combined with --extract) USAGE FOR BUG REPORTING
This command is useful if you want to report a bug in gPodder: gpodder-backup --create bug123.gpo.tar.gz --fake-downloads Backup your current data to file bug123.gpo.tar.gz, but don't store download data (create zero-size dummy files instead). You can then attach bug123.gpo.tar.gz to the bug report. If you are instructed to try gPodder from a "clean state", you can use the following command (be sure to backup your data before!): gpodder-backup --purge Remove all gPodder data, so you can start from a clean state EXAMPLES
gpodder-backup --create today.gpo.tar.gz Backup your current data to file today.gpo.tar.gz gpodder-backup --extract mybackup.gpo.tar.gz Restore (without purging) the contents of mybackup.gpo.tar.gz gpodder-backup --extract default.gpo.tar.gz --purge Remove current data, then restore the contents of default.gpo.tar.gz gpodder-backup --purge Remove all gPodder data, so you can start from a clean state EXTRACTING FAKED DOWNLOADS
Please note that any existing downloads will be overwritten with zero-byte files when using the --extract option of the gpodder-backup utility with a backup created with --fake-downloads AUTHOR
gpodder-backup was written by Thomas Perl (thp@gpodder.org) gpodder-backup 1.0 December 2010 GPODDER-BACKUP(1)