Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Big UH-OH "Bad magic number in disk label" Post 67631 by deckard on Thursday 24th of March 2005 03:52:34 PM
Old 03-24-2005
Thanks. I'll need to keep that in mind for future reference. Oh well, we live and we learn.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"bad number" message

Hi, running a script fine , i get twice the following message and whether i put "set -x" , i don't see what's going wrong : /users/notes01/scripts/sad/util/verif_boot_notes.ksh: Ma: bad number any ideas ? regards Christian (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

3. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

4. Solaris

BAD magic number in disc label...

Hello All, I m very new to this forum. i m having SUN NETRA X1 server with 40 GB HDD (Seagate) & 128 MB RAM. i m trying this server for SUN 10 Practise. As i m installing SUN 9 /10 with CD ,its giving me error after OK propmt *************************** #boot cdrom or #boot cdrom... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: amrut_k
16 Replies

5. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Help:"Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package"?

Hello, I'm brand new to Sun/Solaris. I have a Sun Blade 150, with SunOS 5.8. I wanted to make a backup to prevent future data loss, so I put the disk in a normal PC with Windows XP to try to make a backup with Norton Ghost, the disk was detected, but not the file volume, so I place the disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Resadija
6 Replies

7. Solaris

corrupt label - wrong magic number

I have created 1 LUN. 1)LUN 00BB 200GB /dev/rdsk/c1t3d44 /dev/rdsk/c2t28d44 /dev/rdsk/c3t19d44 /dev/rdsk/c4t12d44 2) Already added the new entry into sd.conf and rebooted. 3) Already done these: powercf –q power config 4) power display dev=all I can see the new Symmetrix device.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sirius20d
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Recover label, wrong magic number

Is there a way to recover label? I could install (sparc) Solaris again, but it would take a lot of time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Bad magic number in disk label.

This is first time post...found this forum when looking for possible solution to fix my sun pc. Just one day can't boot it already showing the following: Boot device: disk File args: Bad magic number in disk label Can't open disk label package Evaluating: boot Can't open boot device... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHuKoSuGi
40 Replies
KiokuDB::Linker(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      KiokuDB::Linker(3pm)

NAME
KiokuDB::Linker - Relinks live objects from storage entries SYNOPSIS
# mostly internal DESCRIPTION
The linker reconnects entry data, recreating the connected object graph in memory. The linkage process starts with an ID (or several IDs) to be loaded passed to the "get_or_load_objects" method. This ID will first be searched for in the live object set (KiokuDB::LiveObjects). If the object is already live, then it will be returned as is. If the object is not live, then the corresponding entry is fetched from the backend, and expanded into an actual instance. Expansion consults the KiokuDB::TypeMap using KiokuDB::TypeMap::Resolver, to find the correct typemap entry (see "COLLAPSING STRATEGIES" in KiokuDB::Collapser and KiokuDB::TypeMap), and that is used for the actual expansion. Most of the grunt work is delegated by the entries back to the linker using the "inflate_data" method, which handles circular structures, retrying of tied structures, etc. Inflated objects are registered with KiokuDB::LiveObjects, and get inserted into the current live object scope (KiokuDB::LiveObjects::Scope). The scope's job is to maintain a reference count of at least 1 for any loaded object, until it is destroyed itself. This ensures that weak references are not destroyed prematurely, but allows their use in order to avoid memory leaks. perl v5.12.4 2010-10-11 KiokuDB::Linker(3pm)