Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripting file permission problems... Post 67325 by reborg on Tuesday 22nd of March 2005 02:39:47 PM
Old 03-22-2005
Code:
mkdir my_dir1_saved
cd my_dir1
tar cf - . | (cd ../my_dir1_saved; tar xf -)
cd ../my_dir2
tar cf - . | (cd ../my_dir_1; tar xf -)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting problems

Hello, Im trying to write a script where it will only execute on a certain day. What would the script look like? if then do this is this correct?? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewisoco
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission problems.

Hi all, I am on SunOS 5.8 box. The problem is when i move files from one folder to another the command is executed and file is moved, but file permissions in the destination folder are "----------". i have to chmod the file and change the permissions everytime. i dont have a clue why this is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Nemi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gather File permission during scripting on unix as numbers.

Hi, I have a script with following file permission on box. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root system 15347 Aug 14 15:08 b_reboot.ksh Without calculating or watching at -rwxr-xr-x (permission's) of this above mentioned file. I would like to get the file permission assigned to a file. Basically... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file in ksh scripting with permission(rw-rw-rw)

Hi, Please provide your inputs.. Thanks in Advance, Mansa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner bash scripting - a few problems

Hey Guys, I am creating a bash script on my freeBSD box, the script should basically ask the user to enter a username and domain. The script will take this information and basically append alot of information to config files so the user can receive email from that domain and create a web site at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: traxy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix scripting problems

Hi, In my unix server, i received a file in /usr/data/xmit location. i want to write a unix script after file reached. So how can i write a one line code which chceks the presence of the file? and second line line should take the status of the prevous line. like below. Line 1: checks for the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
16 Replies

7. Web Development

Permission problems calling Ruby from php script

I'm just getting my feet wet with web development, so hopefully this is a simple thing I'm overlooking, but so far I'm stumped. I have a php script that calls Ruby via exec(). This works fine in my test environment, but when I moved it to my production environment I run into a permissions... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantes990
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting Permission Denied

Everytime I try to run a shell script I get the error message permission denied. So I have googled/searched around and have been using the command chmod u+rwx (filename) to give myself permission to execute my program. However, I was wondering if there was anyway to actually just this to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with scripting

Hi, I am new to scripting.I had one problem infront of me.I tried in many ways with minimal knowledge........Kindly help me. Description: I want a shell script where it has to read an input.txt file and need to remove duplicate lines and the result need to kept in output.txt file. input... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail dir permission problems.

I accidently deleted the queue directory and now i'm receiving this error when I try to send email with sendmail. :~# mailq MSP Queue status... /var/spool/mqueue-client (1 request) -----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient----------- s495xA7J002673 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galford
1 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)