Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What can I do,if I want windows me and unix stay in the same computer? Post 672 by David on Saturday 6th of January 2001 09:46:20 AM
Old 01-06-2001
My computer's operating system is windows me,now.I want install unix in it while I don't want to kill the windows me.So could u tell me what to do?I'd like you give me detailed information about it.Thank u.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how do you get 2 windows off your computer

i have windows 2000 professional and windows 98 on my computer but i onle want 1:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary_king
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix in pentium computer

Haw Can I install a solaris in my own pc at home I have try but every time it is just boot to windows what should I do about it so I can Have it at my home pc thanks All The best . . . . . . om911ar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omar911
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix server will not stay up on the network

:mad: Hello, I am a beginner at UNIX. I have a server running SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.0 Every morning this week the server has been down. I have to Hardboot her to get her back online. What commands can I do to help me diagnose what is going on? This is urgent....thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jback
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Unix on my Windows based computer

Hi Everyone... I am very interested in the Unix/Linux/Knoppix world and would like to eventually become proficient in the programming aspect of it all. Is it possible to use Knoppix in a partitioned drive on my Windows based computer to learn programming in Unix? Or do I need to partition my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rev. Enant
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX on windows based computer.

Hello, We would like to perform tests on a product that my company created lately. We don't have the right hardware for AIX enviornment I've read the thred "Unix environments for MS Windows", but didn't see there a possibility to install AIX OS on a special compatible hardware. We've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshkA
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New computer for Unix-based OS's -- need help deciding

Hello. I'm in the market for a new computer (a laptop, for certain), and I was considering buying a high-end PC (I have a black MacBook right now). I've been wanting to experiment with Unix-based OS's (for developing mainly -- I'm a developer/programmer -- but for other purposes as well). I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tron55555
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying from remote SunOS to local Windows 7 computer

Can someone please help me with copying from remote computer to local computer? I have Winscp installed but for some reason i can seem to get into the server using winscp. I am currently logged on to the server, so its not a case of remote host unavailable. I really am not sure if the syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer?

I am looking to run a Windows utility BitRecover PST Viewer. To help me read a pst file. Can anybody guide me how can I run this Windows utility on Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marktux
3 Replies
WinCommand(1x)						   AfterStep X11 window manager 					    WinCommand(1x)

NAME
WinCommand - AfterStep module for choosing and manipulating windows based on patterns CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
DESCRIPTION
WinCommand is a command line tool which allows you to select windows based on their name and to then manipulate them in various ways. Actions currently supported are: "center", "center jump", "iconify", "jump", "kill", "move", "resize" and "sendtodesk". DEFAULTS
The default pattern is "", meaning all windows will be selected. All other default-values depend on the action you would like WinCommand to take. If more than one action is specified, default-values are set depending on the last action specified. ACTIONS
center Place matching windows into the center of the screen. center jump: Places first window that matches into the center of the screen and jumps to it. iconify: Iconifies matching windows. jump: Jumps to the first window which matches. kill: Kills all matching windows. move: Moves all matching windows to x/y. x and y are specified using the -x and -y flags. resize: Resize all matching windows. The two parameters width and height are specified using the -width and -height flags. send_to_desk: Send all matching windows to desk specified with the -new_desk flag. OPTIONS
-all Operate on all windows which match the given pattern. This is set by default unless the action is either "jump" or "center jump". -alldesks Windows on all desks will be taken into account. This is set by default if action is either "jump" or "center jump". -desk Windows on the whole desk will be taken into account. -x/-y These are required when issuing the move-command. -width/-height These are required whenever you want to resize windows. Examples WinCommand -pattern term iconify This command will iconify all terminals. Since the specified pattern is a regular expression, something like this also works: WinCommand -pattern "(term)|(moz)" iconify This will iconify all terminals and mozilla-browser windows. WinCommand -pattern xmm jump will jump to your xmms. In this situation, it's far more advisable to use GWCommand though. It is probably not a good idea to delete windows while windows are being arranged. 3rd Berkeley Distribution AfterStep v.2.2.11 WinCommand(1x)