Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What can I do,if I want windows me and unix stay in the same computer? Post 672 by David on Saturday 6th of January 2001 09:46:20 AM
Old 01-06-2001
My computer's operating system is windows me,now.I want install unix in it while I don't want to kill the windows me.So could u tell me what to do?I'd like you give me detailed information about it.Thank u.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how do you get 2 windows off your computer

i have windows 2000 professional and windows 98 on my computer but i onle want 1:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary_king
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix in pentium computer

Haw Can I install a solaris in my own pc at home I have try but every time it is just boot to windows what should I do about it so I can Have it at my home pc thanks All The best . . . . . . om911ar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omar911
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix server will not stay up on the network

:mad: Hello, I am a beginner at UNIX. I have a server running SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.0 Every morning this week the server has been down. I have to Hardboot her to get her back online. What commands can I do to help me diagnose what is going on? This is urgent....thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jback
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Unix on my Windows based computer

Hi Everyone... I am very interested in the Unix/Linux/Knoppix world and would like to eventually become proficient in the programming aspect of it all. Is it possible to use Knoppix in a partitioned drive on my Windows based computer to learn programming in Unix? Or do I need to partition my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rev. Enant
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX on windows based computer.

Hello, We would like to perform tests on a product that my company created lately. We don't have the right hardware for AIX enviornment I've read the thred "Unix environments for MS Windows", but didn't see there a possibility to install AIX OS on a special compatible hardware. We've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshkA
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New computer for Unix-based OS's -- need help deciding

Hello. I'm in the market for a new computer (a laptop, for certain), and I was considering buying a high-end PC (I have a black MacBook right now). I've been wanting to experiment with Unix-based OS's (for developing mainly -- I'm a developer/programmer -- but for other purposes as well). I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tron55555
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying from remote SunOS to local Windows 7 computer

Can someone please help me with copying from remote computer to local computer? I have Winscp installed but for some reason i can seem to get into the server using winscp. I am currently logged on to the server, so its not a case of remote host unavailable. I really am not sure if the syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer?

I am looking to run a Windows utility BitRecover PST Viewer. To help me read a pst file. Can anybody guide me how can I run this Windows utility on Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marktux
3 Replies
XKILL(1)						      General Commands Manual							  XKILL(1)

NAME
xkill - kill a client by its X resource SYNOPSIS
xkill [-display displayname] [-id resource] [-button number] [-frame] [-all] DESCRIPTION
Xkill is a utility for forcing the X server to close connections to clients. This program is very dangerous, but is useful for aborting programs that have displayed undesired windows on a user's screen. If no resource identifier is given with -id, xkill will display a spe- cial cursor as a prompt for the user to select a window to be killed. If a pointer button is pressed over a non-root window, the server will close its connection to the client that created the window. OPTIONS
-display displayname This option specifies the name of the X server to contact. -id resource This option specifies the X identifier for the resource whose creator is to be aborted. If no resource is specified, xkill will display a special cursor with which you should select a window to be kill. -button number This option specifies the number of pointer button that should be used in selecting a window to kill. If the word "any" is speci- fied, any button on the pointer may be used. By default, the first button in the pointer map (which is usually the leftmost but- ton) is used. -all This option indicates that all clients with top-level windows on the screen should be killed. Xkill will ask you to select the root window with each of the currently defined buttons to give you several chances to abort. Use of this option is highly discour- aged. -frame This option indicates that xkill should ignore the standard conventions for finding top-level client windows (which are typically nested inside a window manager window), and simply believe that you want to kill direct children of the root. CAVEATS
This command does not provide any warranty that the application whose connection to the X server is closed will abort nicely, or even abort at all. All this command does is to close the connection to the X server. Many existing applications do indeed abort when their connection to the X server is closed, but some can choose to continue. XDEFAULTS
Button Specifies a specific pointer button number or the word "any" to use when selecting windows. SEE ALSO
X(7), xwininfo(1), XKillClient and XGetPointerMapping in the Xlib Programmers Manual, KillClient in the X Protocol Specification AUTHOR
Jim Fulton, MIT X Consortium Dana Chee, Bellcore X Version 11 xkill 1.0.1 XKILL(1)