Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to nfs mount with Redhat Linux Post 67083 by Perderabo on Monday 21st of March 2005 10:38:59 AM
Old 03-21-2005
Please read the rules and note:
(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Mount W2K share on Redhat Linux

How do I mount a Windows 2K share on Redhat Linux? I tried this: mount -t smbfs -o username=administrator,password=mypassword //machine/share But it just returns the help for the mount command:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount -o llock -F nfs vs mount -F nfs

Hi, We encountered NFS issue (solaris) especially running on Oracle application. Problem such as forms hang when close button is click, concurrent job shows running status all time. Understand we need to use mount -o llock -F nfs instead of mount -F nfs to eliminate? this problem.. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to do a NFS mount from AIX to Linux?

How to do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup to NFS mount Redhat-Solaris

Hi guys, I have a redhat laptop and a sun solaris 8 server networked together I created an nfs share on the sun server and backed up an image of the Redhat laptop to it. The Hard disk size of the laptop is 40Gb but I have about 38Gb free space on the sun server. So I compressed the image... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount

I have a NAS server that needs to have the share mounted on a unix server. I am not that familiar with NFS mounts....any help on what I have to do on the UNIX box...thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewd
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple way to umount NFS mount in linux

Hello... I've mounted a share using standard nomenclature for the NFS mount command with the following command line: mount -t nfs -o rw {IP address1}:/ /mnt_for_70 / {IP address2}(rw) mnt_for_70 is a mount point I created on {IP address2} I'm confuse and want to be sure I use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
1 Replies

8. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move script from windows to Linux using NFS mount

Hi All, Is there a command or script which will push a file from Windows server to Linux box? using the mount command. I want the details or document of the whole process please. I want this script to run every 30 minutes to push the file from windows to unix Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies
PTHREAD_JOIN(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   PTHREAD_JOIN(3)

NAME
pthread_join -- wait for thread termination LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_join(pthread_t thread, void **value_ptr); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_join() function suspends execution of the calling thread until the target thread terminates unless the target thread has already terminated. On return from a successful pthread_join() call with a non-NULL value_ptr argument, the value passed to pthread_exit() by the terminating thread is stored in the location referenced by value_ptr. When a pthread_join() returns successfully, the target thread has been terminated. The results of multiple simultaneous calls to pthread_join() specifying the same target thread are undefined. If the thread calling pthread_join() is cancelled, then the target thread is not detached. A thread that has exited but remains unjoined counts against _POSIX_THREAD_THREADS_MAX. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_join() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
pthread_join() shall fail if: [EINVAL] The value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. pthread_join() may fail if: [EDEADLK] A deadlock was detected or the value of thread specifies the calling thread. SEE ALSO
wait(2), pthread_create(3) STANDARDS
The function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
July 9, 2010 BSD