Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I create & Maintain directories Post 6701 by kimjones142001 on Monday 10th of September 2001 05:40:57 PM
Old 09-10-2001
MySQL

Thanks Optimus P

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create directories

Hi... Can any1 help me by telling me the way to create multiple directories using single command.... to create 1 directory.. mkdir is used.... :D but how to create multiple direcs. like 4 direc. i tried .... $ mkdir a; mkdir b; mkdir c; mkdir d But its 4 commands in a single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abishekmag
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create shotcuts to the directories

Hi, I need your help in writing shortcuts to my directories. So that I can go into the directories with the help of shortcuts. For example: there is a directory called /home/java/webapps/project1 I want to give a shortcut as project1 . So whenever I have give cd project 1 from command line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonySolarisAdmi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to create 3 different new directories under the same path

Hi, Iam new to UNIX...My requirement is to create 3 dir as an hierarchy under /var/opt/temip.The output should be /var/opt/temip/GP_Int/GPTTS/AUTO. I have tried the following script...But only GP_int folder is getting created and not other folders...Can someone help??? #!/usr/bin/ksh #script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Llb
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create directories from a sql file?

Hi, I have a sql file which has CREATE and INSERT commands in it. Basically, inside this file, a table will be created and the data will be inserted into the table. I was wondering if there is a way for me to create directories from this file? Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tezarin
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create zip without including directories

Hi guys, I'm trying to do the following: zip -r /tmp/foo.zip public/accounts/foo But the zip that's been made has the whole "public/accounts/foo" path. I want only the foo folder to be zipped. How can I do this? Thanks, Elías (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elioncho
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create duplicate directories with same permissions

Hi all, I need to create duplicate directories and sub directories (only the directories not the files or file contents) with the same permissions. Can some one guide me in doing this. I could able to create but here the permissions should be the same how can i do this in linux. Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create multiple directories with awk

Hello all. Newbie here. In a directory, I have 50 files and one additional file that is a list of the names of the 50 files. I would like to create a directory for each of the 50 files, and I need the 50 directory names to correspond to the 50 file names. I know this can be done by running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zeckendorff
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create 2 directories in one command

Hi how can i create 2 directories in two different directories ($HOME and $PWD) with 1 command? dir 1 in $HOME and dir2 in $PWD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create automated Directories

Hi, On serverB i wish to have a script that creates ONLY & EXACTLY the same folder structure that i provide on ServerA. Thus if serverA has a folder "Output" under /opt/app/Output and has the below folders under Output Output Output/logs Output/reciever Output/data... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
11 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)