Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mailx sender address customisation Post 6678 by 98_1LE on Monday 10th of September 2001 08:40:51 AM
Old 09-10-2001
Yes the sender can be changed. Use the -r option to mailx:
Code:
name=$1 
cat /bdcusers/sddata/zv03 | uuencode /bdcusers/sddata/report.txt | mailx -s -r new_email_addy@somedomain.com "ZV03 Report" $name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Change sender e-mail address

When sending emails to the outside world, aix present itself as d_prod@production1.pdc.itercom.org. This is causing some issue with our e-mail server. So we need to change the name to d_prod@itercom.org... Does any one know how this can be accomplished? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different Sender Address

Hello Following command send link to division managers. echo http://severname:8081/account-reports/2008Jun19-2008Jun25.2/index.html | mail -s "Weekly Division Sales Report" johndoe@companmail.com QUESTION. Above command send a body which is link of division report in email with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulds
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender email address has to changes

I am sending email with attachment using mail and uuencode command. Ex: (echo "$EMAIL_BODY"; uuencode $FILE ATTACH.TXT) || mail "$EMAIL_ID" -s "$EMAIL_SUB" I am getting email from "applmgr@rigelapp01.us.dell.com". I want to change this email address into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajiora
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix sender address rewriting

Hi, I have a postfix server that relays to an exchange server. All of my unix/linux systems send to this server, the problem is the form the mail is sent with, the sender address is username@hostname.domain.local I need to rewrite every sender address to unix@maildomain.com for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwriting sender's information for mailx

Hello Forum members. We currently have a reusable script called "send_email.sh" that is used to send us alerts when our daily jobs are completed. Script uses the mailx utility and below is a sample message: -----Original Message----- From: Servacct ETL process owner - Manager Database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the sender Email address to Alias

Hi All, I want to change the email address of the sender to some alias for eg: FROM:noreplyecommerce@test.com needs to be changes to TEST Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to force Sendmail to Rewrite Sender Address?

Need to change sender email id from applmgr@<hostname>.<domain-name> to applmgr@domain-name. Understand we can change in the sendmail.cf where $j is the hostname.domain-name.. can anyone show the exact value to change? Thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx giving error domain of sender do not exists

Hi , mailx is unable to send mail , I am getting the following error Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 5.1.8 <bc00644@dev-app01-wms.domain.fds>... Domain of sender address bc00644@dev-app01-wms.domain.fds does not exist Can anyone tell me what can be the possible fix for this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to customize sender name in mailx command?

Hi, Is there anyway to customize the sender name when sending a mail from solaris or linux or any other unix box using mailx command? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssk250
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					      CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM - SMTP sender address SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM, char *from); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a zero terminated string as parameter. This should be used to specify the sender's email address when sending SMTP mail with libcurl. An originator email address should be specified with angled brackets (<>) around it, which if not specified will be added automatically. If this parameter is not specified then an empty address will be sent to the mail server which may cause the email to be rejected. The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
blank PROTOCOLS
SMTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.20.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT(3), CURLOPT_MAIL_AUTH(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)