Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file, facility PR2 Post 66203 by jim mcnamara on Friday 11th of March 2005 12:59:58 PM
Old 03-11-2005
enter the command:

proc

You should see that Pro*C can find its default config file:
/dsw/app/oracle/product/920/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg

The "/dsw/app/oracle/product/920" maybe different on your system, but it is $ORACLE_HOME.

The error you are getting indicates that Pro*C cannot find component files, specifically it tried to give you an error message and could not find the error text file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

PCC-s-02201 error

While compiling and executing i get the following error. Error at line 1200, column 1 in file xxx.pc { 1 PCC-S-02201,Encountered the symbol "{" when expecting one of the following: ; , = < [ please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: musavir19
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open a file in VI and I get the message below:

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Error Message: find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle

I am using the "find" command below and it respond with the error message " find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle" what does it mean? what can I do about it? Need advice, thanks. below are the command that I enter, the respond and the error message: root@ScripServer:/# find / -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file

Hi, I was compiling few C programs in the unix server and getting the following error message rm: /home/a0xxx28/AVT/SEEDLIBRARYDB/LIB/*.a non-existent proc MODE=ANSI CODE=ANSI_C INCLUDE=/home/a0xxx28/PVT/SEEDLIBRARYDB/INCLUDE INCLUDE=/home/a0xxx28/PVT/SEEDLIBRARY/INCLUDE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the CDE Facility

Hello I have a SunBlade 1000 workstation and I cannot login via CDE. All I get is a console login prompt. I then have to login via root and I just get the command line interface. I have being doing some research on the UNIX forum and the problem may lie with the content in etc/hosts file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjwops
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error message when use fork with open file

I get this message when I write myshell.c program "VM pagefault:SIGSEGV bad add 0x0 err 0x4 nopage read myshell PM: ciredump signal 11 for 1725 /myshell memory fault (core dumped)" /* RCS information: $Id: myshell.c,v 1.2 2006/04/05 22:46:33 elm Exp $ */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosecomp
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't open boot_archive error message

Hello guys, Thanks for all your precious tips. I hope you can give me some advice again. This time I am having an issue with a SUN FIRE V240 (SOLARIS 10). The server doesn't boot, normally , first we had a file system error ====================+FIRST ERROR... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to open a file in perl

Not able to open a file using this code why not? use strict; use warnings; my $file = "verInfo.txt"; unless(open FILE, $file) { # Die with error message # if we can't open it. die "\nUnable to open $file\n"; } my $line = <FILE>; print $line; close FILE; (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xWindows error: xhost unable to open display

I am trying to direct a AIX display to my XWindows and I am at a dead end now! So this what I've done so far: 1. In putty settings, I set "Enable X11 forwarding" and also set "X diplay location" to "localhost:0" (without quotes, of course) 2. Via putty, connected to my AIX server 3. On... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

When trying to open file Message:-Terminal too wide?

Hi, I am trying to open small size file only in vi editor on solaris or Linux machine but it giving message "Terminal too wide" and then I have to come out. As shown below:- -rwxr-x--- 1 rkycadm rkycprd 2445 Sep 12 04:06 $ vi file.txt Terminal too wide :q! ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies
syslog(3C)																syslog(3C)

NAME
syslog(), openlog(), closelog(), setlogmask() - control system log SYNOPSIS
Remarks The ANSI C "" construct denotes a variable length argument list whose optional [or required] members are given in the associated comment DESCRIPTION
writes a message onto the system log maintained by (see syslogd(1M)). The message is tagged with priority. The message is similar to a printf(3S) format string except that is replaced by the error message associated with the current value of A trailing newline is added if needed. This message is read by and written to the system console, log files, selected users' terminals, or forwarded to on another host as appropriate. priority is encoded as the logical OR of a level and a facility. The level signifies the urgency of the message, and facil- ity signifies the subsystem generating the message. facility can be encoded explicitly in priority, or a default facility can be set with (see below). level is selected from an ordered list: A panic condition. This is normally broadcast to all users. A condition that should be corrected immediately, such as a corrupted system database. Critical conditions, such as hard device errors. Errors. Warning messages. Conditions that are not error conditions, but should possibly be handled specially. Informational messages. Messages that contain information normally of use only when debugging a program. does not log a message that does not have a level set. If cannot pass the message to it attempts to write the message on if the option is set (see below). can be called to initialize the log file, if special processing is needed. ident is a string that precedes every message. logopt is a mask of bits, logically OR'ed together, indicating logging options. The values for logopt are: Log the process ID with each message; useful for identifying instantiations of daemons. Force writing messages to the console if unable to send it to This option is safe to use in daemon processes that have no controlling terminal because forks before opening the console. Open the connection to immediately. Normally, the open is delayed until the first message is logged. This is useful for programs that need to manage the order in which file descriptors are allocated. Do not wait for children forked to log messages on the console. This option should be used by processes that enable notification of child termination via because might otherwise block, waiting for a child whose exit status has already been collected. facility encodes a default facility to be assigned to all messages written subsequently by with no explicit facility encoded. Messages generated by the kernel. These cannot be generated by any user processes. Messages generated by random user processes. This is the default facility identifier if none is specified. The mail system. System daemons, such as inetd(1M), ftpd(1M), etc. The authorization system: login(1), su(1), getty(1M), etc. Messages generated internally by daemon. The line printer spooling system: lp(1), lpsched(1M), etc. Messages generated by the system. Messages generated by the UUCP system. Messages generated by the CRON daemon. Reserved for local use. Similarly for through facility and level uses an encoded code for logging in message. The encoded code for facility and level are as follows. closes the log file. sets the log priority mask to maskpri and returns the previous mask. Calls to with a priority not set in maskpri are rejected. The mask for an individ- ual priority pri is calculated by the macro ; the mask for all priorities up to and including toppri is given by the macro (toppri). By default, all priorities are logged. ERRORS
fails if any of the following conditions are encountered: The named pipe is blocked for writing. The named pipe bold) could not be opened successfully. EXAMPLES
logs a message regarding some sort of unexpected and serious error: uses to arrange to log its process ID, to log to the console if necessary, and to log in the name of the daemon facility: Arrange to log messages only at levels and lower: Typical usage of to log a connection: If the facility has not been set with it defaults to Explicitly set the facility for this message: WARNINGS
A call to has no effect unless the syslog daemon is running (see syslogd(1M)). does not copy and store the ident string internally; it stores only a character pointer. Therefore it is the responsibility of the programmer to make sure that the ident argument points to the correct string until the log file is closed. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
logger(1), syslogd(1M), thread_safety(5). syslog(3C)