Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mailx sender address customisation Post 6620 by vasan_srini on Saturday 8th of September 2001 09:50:30 AM
Old 09-08-2001
Data mailx sender address customisation

Hi All,
I'm on UNIX -Solaris...
I'm trying to send mail usin Mailx..... The script is working fine and attachments are also being sent....
BUT, when I receive the mail,, the sender address shown is the unix login id name.... Any way by which I could manipulate this in my script command or any parameter that can set for this purpose....however, I would prefer manipulating in the shell script.

The present shell script.... is :

name=$1
cat /bdcusers/sddata/zv03 | uuencode /bdcusers/sddata/report.txt | mailx -s "ZV03 Report"
$name

Any help would be greatly apprciated...

Thankx and regds..
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Change sender e-mail address

When sending emails to the outside world, aix present itself as d_prod@production1.pdc.itercom.org. This is causing some issue with our e-mail server. So we need to change the name to d_prod@itercom.org... Does any one know how this can be accomplished? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different Sender Address

Hello Following command send link to division managers. echo http://severname:8081/account-reports/2008Jun19-2008Jun25.2/index.html | mail -s "Weekly Division Sales Report" johndoe@companmail.com QUESTION. Above command send a body which is link of division report in email with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulds
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender email address has to changes

I am sending email with attachment using mail and uuencode command. Ex: (echo "$EMAIL_BODY"; uuencode $FILE ATTACH.TXT) || mail "$EMAIL_ID" -s "$EMAIL_SUB" I am getting email from "applmgr@rigelapp01.us.dell.com". I want to change this email address into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajiora
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix sender address rewriting

Hi, I have a postfix server that relays to an exchange server. All of my unix/linux systems send to this server, the problem is the form the mail is sent with, the sender address is username@hostname.domain.local I need to rewrite every sender address to unix@maildomain.com for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwriting sender's information for mailx

Hello Forum members. We currently have a reusable script called "send_email.sh" that is used to send us alerts when our daily jobs are completed. Script uses the mailx utility and below is a sample message: -----Original Message----- From: Servacct ETL process owner - Manager Database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the sender Email address to Alias

Hi All, I want to change the email address of the sender to some alias for eg: FROM:noreplyecommerce@test.com needs to be changes to TEST Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to force Sendmail to Rewrite Sender Address?

Need to change sender email id from applmgr@<hostname>.<domain-name> to applmgr@domain-name. Understand we can change in the sendmail.cf where $j is the hostname.domain-name.. can anyone show the exact value to change? Thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx giving error domain of sender do not exists

Hi , mailx is unable to send mail , I am getting the following error Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 5.1.8 <bc00644@dev-app01-wms.domain.fds>... Domain of sender address bc00644@dev-app01-wms.domain.fds does not exist Can anyone tell me what can be the possible fix for this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to customize sender name in mailx command?

Hi, Is there anyway to customize the sender name when sending a mail from solaris or linux or any other unix box using mailx command? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssk250
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
GRAB-ATTACHMENTS(1)					      General Commands Manual					       GRAB-ATTACHMENTS(1)

NAME
grab-attachments - downloads attachments from a Launchpad bug SYNOPSIS
grab-attachments [options] bug-number... grab-attachments -h DESCRIPTION
grab-attachments is a script to download all attachments from a Launchpad bug report or bug reports with a source package task into a directory named after the bug e.g. bug-1. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for grab-attachments: bug-number Specifies the Launchpad bug number that the script should download attachments from. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Use the specified instance of Launchpad (e.g. "staging"), instead of the default of "production". --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. -d, --duplicates Download attachments from duplicates too. -p SRCPACKAGE, --package=SRCPACKAGE Download attachments from all bugs with a task for this source package. AUTHOR
lp-grab-attachments was written by Daniel Holbach and this manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3. lptools 10 August 2008 GRAB-ATTACHMENTS(1)