Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers "rpc program not registered"?? Post 6600 by Lee on Friday 7th of September 2001 10:01:43 PM
Old 09-07-2001
I have solutioned this question,Answer is ......

When the system boots, the NFS server is not enabled unless there are NFS exports listed in /etc/dfs/dfstab.

To start the nfs server after adding an entry to dfstab, issue
the following command:

# /etc/init.d/nfs.server start

Note that it isn't currently possible to start the nfs server
using the "nfs.server" script unless there are entries in
/etc/dfs/dfstab.

If you want to do automatic sharing of CDs through vold, you need
to export at least one other filesystem if you're running Solaris 2.6
or earlier.

Thnx everyone

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clnttcp_create: RPC program not registered

s/o=SCO 5.05 openserver hi, i have a problem with a mount between 2 servers i can see the mounted files, but i canīt open it if the file is a *.dbf, if i try to a "dbf" file with fox for unix the error is (the system has reached the maximum number of blocks) mount -f NFS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jav_v
1 Replies

2. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Programming

XML-RPC equivalent of "rpcgen"???

Does anybody know of something like this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

/var/log/messages error "kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen"

Hi, I am seeing the following errors in my environment, not sure why is it happening, any ideas? Thanks. kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x73746174 (non-terminal ) Dec 17 02:14:48 kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x63480000 (large) Dec 17 02:14:48 kernel: RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x633f0000 (large) Dec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarlinux
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Nfs client mount RPC Error: Program not registered.

Hello, I was having few issues on my linux box, I am getting this error whenever I tried to mount a share on a client linux host. # mount -t nfs 10.10.4.150:/data/pops_sva /mnt mount: mount to NFS server '10.10.4.150' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered. # I see the error and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
rpc.svcgssd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    rpc.svcgssd(8)

NAME
rpc.svcgssd - server-side rpcsec_gss daemon SYNOPSIS
rpc.svcgssd [-n] [-v] [-r] [-i] [-f] [-p principal] DESCRIPTION
The rpcsec_gss protocol gives a means of using the gss-api generic security api to provide security for protocols using rpc (in particular, nfs). Before exchanging any rpc requests using rpcsec_gss, the rpc client must first establish a security context with the rpc server. The linux kernel's implementation of rpcsec_gss depends on the userspace daemon rpc.svcgssd to handle context establishment on the rpc server. The daemon uses files in the proc filesystem to communicate with the kernel. OPTIONS
-f Runs rpc.svcgssd in the foreground and sends output to stderr (as opposed to syslogd) -v Increases the verbosity of the output (can be specified multiple times). -r If the rpcsec_gss library supports setting debug level, increases the verbosity of the output (can be specified multiple times). -i If the nfsidmap library supports setting debug level, increases the verbosity of the output (can be specified multiple times). -p Use principal instead of the default nfs/FQDN@REALM. -n Use the system default credentials (host/FQDN@REALM) rather than the default nfs/FQDN@REALM. SEE ALSO
rpc.gssd(8), AUTHORS
Dug Song <dugsong@umich.edu> Andy Adamson <andros@umich.edu> Marius Aamodt Eriksen <marius@umich.edu> J. Bruce Fields <bfields@umich.edu> 12 Jan 2007 rpc.svcgssd(8)