Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users duble dimensional arry in shell script Post 6566 by krishna on Friday 7th of September 2001 04:58:18 AM
Old 09-07-2001
duble dimensional arry in shell script

How can I use dubble dimensional arry in shell scripts ?

I have written a program like this but there is an error

#!/usr/bin/ksh
x=1
for i in `cat switch.dat`
do
y=1
for j in `cat peak_offpeak.dt`
do
a[$x,$y]=$i ### problem here ###
y=`expr $y + 1`
done
k= 1
while [ $k -eq $y ]
do
echo $i" " ${a[x,k]} ###problem here ###
k=`expr $k + 1`
done
x=`expr $x + 1`
done

if anybody know the solution kindly mail me to :

kkodava@maxis.com.my

thanks

Krishna

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can there be multi-dimensional variable arrays in borne shell?

Hello - I've serached the web but can't find much on array script variables (except that C-shell variables are arrays!) I'm trying to form a 2-D string array: (this is what I want, but in java) String list = { {"one", "two"}, {"three"} }; I know this is a 1-D string array shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jparker
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for record (2 dimensional array.)

I am going to develop a address book using the shell scripting commands without sed, awk, .... I am thinking to apply the concept of 2 dimenstional array. Can I create a two dimensional array for the insertion/updation/deletion of record in unix. If yes then tell me plz or recommend me some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtaza
1 Replies

3. Programming

Multi-Dimensional Arrays

So, I'm fooling around with multi demtional arrays, and I made this in a short amount of time: #include <stdio.h> main(int argc, char *argv) { char blah = { {'a', 'b'}, {'b', 'a'} }; int i = 0; while (i < 2) { if (argv == blah) printf("%c\n", blah); i++; } } The goal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eval Tricky Manipulation of Arry in KSH - Help

Hi, Could any one share the intelligence to track this problem. I have any array BT_META_36 and it prints properly with contents of array. # print "BT_META_36=${BT_META_36}" # BT_META_36=cab3,cab4:HDS:052,07A cab3,cab4:HDS:052,07A Now I have a BT_META_36 assigned to a variable.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 dimensional array in unix

I am trying to implementing two dimensinal array in ksh script.Would you pls help me out. I have a large size of file, File contains looks like ID SID VLAUE1 VALUE2 TOTALVALUE 1 a1 01 02 03 1 b1 02 05 07 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

6. Programming

Return two dimensional array in c++

I am writing matrix multiplication and trying to return a two dimensional array from a function but I keep getting errors. Can someone please help me? here is my code (it is just the skeleton of my program): void main () { ... int *matmultiply (int, int, int, int , int , int ) ... } ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saboture88
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a list into a two-dimensional array

hi, total newbie to shell scripting and wondering if some of you guru's can give me a hand on a problem I'm trying to solve. The tmplsnr.a file contains LSNR_51526 db1 db2 LSNR_51527 db3 db4 db5 Summary - depending on which db is set, the script will start the relevant listener... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingy10
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reference 2 dimensional array in awk?

Hello, all For a 1-dimensional array, such as myarr_1=1 myarr_1=2 myarr_1=3I know I can write a loop as below to show the array member one by one: for (i in myarr_1){print i, myarr_1}Now, suppose I have a two dimensional array such as: myarray_2=1 myarray_2=2 myarray_2=10 myarray_2=20My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array

I have an array of names. Each one of the name, has a number represented to it. For example A has an ID 8, B has an ID 2. What I am after is a for loop that when the array is in position 1, a particular variable is set to the value of position 1 in array 2 declare -a arr=("A" "B" "C"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array in bash

Hi, I'm developing a script which contains a multi dimensional array, however for some reason the array is not iterating. When executing the script, services are listed as arguments from argument 2. Ex voice data sms. service=${@:2}; for services in $service do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
2 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)