Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers shell scripts to create 100 users Post 6532 by Optimus_P on Thursday 6th of September 2001 09:15:50 AM
Old 09-06-2001
what was the soultion?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP is using shell scripts create ? for file

ftp -n -v <<EOF verbose open 3.57.40.79 user infodvlp pr0gram ascii lcd /home/a501420038/GLA/Success_Load/ cd /ftp/SrcFiles/csg/InstruAsia/ get AU_Success_Log.txt close quit EOF Please help on this, this gives the out put "AU_Success_Log.txt?" As question mark in the last what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a501420038
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripts and changing users

Hi, I am writing somescripts to shut down some services in Korn Shell. Some of the services are under different owners. For example when I want to shutdown NXserver I need to be "root", but when I shut down the webserver I need to be under a different user. Manual I would use "su root" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonekrusher
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

interactive shell script to create users 10.4

Hello everyone, Not sure if this is the right place, but OS X isn't your standard Unix, so I figured here would be best. I am looking at creating a script that will be interactive that admins can run to create users. Now, 10.4 uses netinfo database and netinfo manager to handle it's users. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create and remove desktop icons from shell scripts

hi all how to create and remove desktop icons or icons from shell scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkpal
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts - create a filename with the date appended

I am looking to do something where if I created a file named backup,or whatever it would print a name like “backup_Apr_11_2011”. Thanks citizencro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: citizencro
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts - list dead users accts and include a count at the end?

I am trying to show the number of dead accts or false shells running and include a count at the end. Does anyone know how to go about this? Thanks - citizencro (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How I can create this Shell scripts?

Hi friends you can solve my question about make 3 shell scripts? Thanks for all! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dakota
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to filter users and create them again from a back-up server

This is a script to filter the users out of etc/passwd and etc/group. So if you want to migrate of restore a server you can use this script from a backup to restore and make the same users on you had.. Please feedback and comments. #!/bin/bash prompt_list () { # haal uit de argumenten de... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyvdberg
5 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)