Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shutdown Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shutdown Problem Post 6514 by lance on Thursday 6th of September 2001 02:37:35 AM
Old 09-06-2001
Shutdown Problem

Hi,guys
I have a two CPUs server, and the system is linux2.4.6.
When the system shutdown,it will stop at the word Power Down.
I f I do not select the option "Symmtric multi-processing Support"
when I compile the kernel,system will shutdown automatic.But I
want to use two CPUs.
Anyone can tell me what can I do now ?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to shutdown

Hai Could somebody tell me the solution to my problem. the question is as follows there is one unix server and 100 dummy terminals connected to my server, i want to shutdown client system if some of the client forgetten to power down their system. plez provide me the code for that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HPUX 10.20 and RAID ARENA EX3 shutdown problem

Hello, I am having a Problem with an Arena EX3 Raid on an HPUX 10.20 Workstation. Everything is working fine until I shutdown the Server and power off the Raid. Then I get a filesystem corruption on the Raid. This happens everytime. The Raid is configured as Raid Level 1. I would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nleuenbe
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers file and Shutdown problem

Help please I have today messed up my sudoers file which means no users can sudo in to our system. I therefore need to do a restore of the file - no problems, I have a backup. Now comes the problem. The system is secure, and nobody seems to know the root password. The system will not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobdeng
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shutdown and Reboot problem

Hi, i have sco openserver 5.0.6 but have a problem with shutdown or reboot commands. The string I use is "shutdown -g0 -y" but the system just hangs on "The sytem is down" . I used to get a "Safe to turn of" but now nothing. Same with "reboot" the sytem just freezes. Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VTechman
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Server Shutdown Problem

I have a sparc T1 server (I know its old) running Solaris 8, which we use for testing. It has been very slow in response- prompt takes couple of minutes to come up, so I decided to reboot the server but I can reboot it, it is giving following errors when I try to shutdown it down. root@deva:/#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Problem with Stop Script during shutdown of o/s

Friends , I create two script for oracle database startup and shutdown . $ cat start.sh ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1 ORACLE_OWNER=oracle su - oracle << ! sqlplus / as sysdba << ! startup $ cat stop.sh ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

security problem with "sudo" for shutdown?

I am a UNIX user but not an admin. I am asking our admins to create a "sudo" command to allow shutting down our AIX workstations gracefully (without just pulling the plug). Is there a way to prevent the user from executing "shutdown" on another workstation or server on the network? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg6iia
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem relocating to another state with Shutdown

How are you, good afternoon, I do not speak and I do not write in English, and I'm iniciandome in unix / linux on my own, I am using the google translator, my question is this, know what are the shutdown command to change user State: # shutdown -y -g0 -i0 (completely off my system) # shutdown... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrincipianteZ
8 Replies

10. Programming

Problem on capturing system Shutdown

I am having exactly the same problem with https://www.unix.com/programming/129264-application-cleanup-during-linux-shutdown.html but the thread is old and closed. The only difference is that I use sigaction() instead of signal(), which is recommended, as far as I know. This is my code: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
9 Replies
powerd(1M)																powerd(1M)

NAME
powerd - power manager daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/power/powerd [-n] The powerd daemon is started by pmconfig(1M) to monitor system activity and perform an automatic shutdown using the suspend-resume feature. When the system is suspended, complete current state is saved on the disk before power is removed. On reboot, the system automatically starts a resume operation and the system is restored to the same state it was in immediately prior to suspend. Immediately prior to system shutdown, the daemon notifies syslogd(1M) of the shutdown, which broadcasts a notification. The following option is supported: -n No broadcast mode. The daemon silently shuts down the system without notifying syslogd(1M). /etc/power.conf Power Management configuration information file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pmconfig(1M), dtpower(1M), syslogd(1M), power.conf(4), attributes(5), cpr(7), pm(7D) Using Power Management 15 Oct 1999 powerd(1M)