Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Machine Rebooted
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sun Machine Rebooted Post 6494 by rwb1959 on Wednesday 5th of September 2001 04:56:37 PM
Old 09-05-2001
sun diagnostics...

At the ">" (system monitor) prompt, type n
That will get you into the on-board diagnostics
in the PROM. You can run tests like Ethernet,
SCSI, Memory and Disk diagnostics from here.
You can also run tests from the SunDiagnostic
Executive.
Refer to your SunDiagnostic Executive
User's Guide for the SPARCstations for more information. If I can think of any more, I'll
let you know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How can i Configure TCP Keepalive on sun solaris 9 machine?

I've installed sun solaris 9 and i need to know how can i enable TCP Keepalive to ping socket connections every 300 seconds? Thanks, Mohammed Amin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_amin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to change IP of my SUN solaris machine

Hello, I want to change the IP of my SUN solaris machine but i am not bale to find the right way. I tried the following steps: 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts and change IP address for host listed in /etc/hostname.le0 2) ifconfig le0 down 3) ifconfig le0 inet NEW_IP_ADDR netmask + broadcast + ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun machine boot up

Hi I am trying to bring up our Sun V100 machine remotely using hyper terminal. We have connected LOM port A to COM1 of our windows server and have lom promt available. Now when we type poweron it starts booting and goes through the booting process and stops at the following step... .... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chimpu
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Installation os on sun machine

I had one sun ultra enterprise1 cpu. it's not giving any disply,which operating system it's support. How can install os on this CPU. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Machine Crashed

During system startup the following warnings are appear. Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Connected command timeout for target 9.0 Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Target 9 reducing sync, transfer rate Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tabreaz
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How to configure IP in SUN Machine

Hi Experts, I am new for solaris, i am using Solaris10,can you anyone assist me how to configure IP in my machine. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun is not able to ssh another machine of sun

My one Sun machine is not able to ssh another machine of Sun. Although I have configured the ssh successfully ( SunOS sunbox2 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 ) ERROR bash-2.05# ssh sunbox2 /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 34: Bad configuration option: PermitRootLogin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Old Sun machine documentation needed

Hi all. Last year, after registering on Sun support site, I downloaded for free all available documentation (in PDF) and support files of a couple of old Sun workstations (Ultra 5 and Ultra 10). Now I need the documentation and support files of other old Sun workstations (SPARCstation 20 and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisechip
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cloned Sun OS 10 HD using replicator machine

Dear all, I have Sun Oracle 10 SPARC T4-1 machine with 4 units SAS2 300GB configure with 2 set Raid1. Is it possible to take out all 4 hd and cloned the 4 HD using disk clone/replicator machine with same HD size and model? After the cloned completed put back the new cloned HD at original... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayyahma
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
REBOOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 REBOOT(8)

NAME
reboot - stopping and restarting the system SYNOPSIS
/sbin/reboot [ -lqnhdarsfRD ] /sbin/halt [ -lqndars ] /sbin/fastboot [ -lqndarsRD ] DESCRIPTION
2.11BSD is started by placing it in memory at location zero and transferring to its entry point. Since the system is not reentrant, it is necessary to read it in from disk or tape each time it is to be boot strapped. Rebooting a running system: When the system is running and a reboot is desired, shutdown(8) is normally used to stop time sharing and put the system into single user mode. If there are no users then /sbin/reboot can be used without shutting the system down first. Reboot normally causes the disks to be synced and allows the system to perform other shutdown activities such as resynchronizing hardware time-of-day clocks. A multi-user reboot (as described below) is then initiated. This causes a system to be booted and an automatic disk check to be performed. If all this succeeds without incident, the system is then brought up for multi-user operation. Options to reboot are: -l Don't try to tell syslogd(8) what's about to happen. -q Reboot quickly and ungracefully, without shutting down running processes first. -n Don't sync before rebooting. This can be used if a disk or the processor is on fire. -h Don't reboot, simply halt the processor. -d Dump memory onto the dump device, usually part of swap, before rebooting. The dump is done in the same way as after a panic. -a Have the system booter ask for the name of the system to be booted, rather than immediately booting the default system (/unix). -r Mount the root file system as read only when the system reboots. This is not supported by the kernel in 2.11BSD. -s Don't enter multi-user mode after system has rebooted - stay in single user mode. -f Fast reboot. Omit the automatic file system consistency check when the system reboots and goes multi-user. This is accomplished by passing a fast reboot flag on to the rebooting kernel. This currently prevents the use of -f flag in conjunction with the -h (halt) flag. -D Set the autoconfig(8) debug flag. This is normally not used unless one is debugging the autoconfig program. -R Tells the kernel to use the compiled in root device. Normally the system uses the device from which it was booted as the root/swap/pipe/dump device. Reboot normally places a shutdown record in the login accounting file /usr/adm/wtmp. This is inhibited if the -q or -n options are present. Note that the -f (fast reboot) and -n (don't sync) options are contradictory; the request for a fast reboot is ignored in this case. Halt and fastboot are synonymous with ``reboot -h'' and ``reboot -f'', respectively. Power fail and crash recovery: Normally, the system will reboot itself at power-up or after crashes if the contents of low memory are intact. An automatic consistency check of the file systems will be performed, and unless this fails, the system will resume multi-user operations. SEE ALSO
autoconfig(8), sync(2), utmp(8), shutdown(8), syslogd(8) 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 24, 1996 REBOOT(8)